In the market: 69 or 70 for mild resto-mod

Hey all, and I know…1st poster, so skepticism should be in play!

I’ve been missing my first Cougar again lately, and my youngest son is still at home while attending college (thanks Covid), so it is a good time to get back to my Cougar roots and teach the young man the ins and outs of taking something rough, and making it new again. I’d prefer not to travel too far, or incur expenses for shipping, but for the right car I can definitely make arrangements.

Looking for a roller that is preferably running, and not an Eliminator or rare car. I would be making modern suspension and other drivability upgrades, so a STD HT, XR7 or a nice vert with decent pans would all be good choices. 351s are preferred as well, but either a W or C would both fit what I’m looking for. The last caveat, but not essential, would be a manual transmission, since if it is an auto, at some point I’ll probably do a manual swap. I love rowing gears, and it is an anti-theft device in and of itself.

Thanks for listening, and letting me join!

Joel

Are you still looking for 1970 cougar xr7 manual?

I’m selling my 1969 xr7 not fully restored yet but not to far to go text me if your interested (503)607-5710

I found a nice XR7 in Vegas and had it shipped home. Thanks for checking, and good luck on the sales!

Don’t know if you are still looking for a 69 restomod but I looked at this one even had vehichle inspection done that I can send you. Needed too much metal work for me. Also the listing is 2k above what it is priced at on the lot currently. I bet if you offer 6500 he will take it. Contact name is Tony.

https://amautoworld.com/inventory/30358/view/4058/Melbourne-FL/1969-Mercury-Cougar

Good luck.