Inner wheel well undercoating

Hi
I got the holes that some one blew through the shock towers patched last week, stripped all the factory undercoating and paint from the inner fenders on the drivers side. Then I seam sealed all the places where metal overlaps in the fender, primed it and painted it with rust paint to hopefully seal it up. I was wondering about using a spray on rubber undercoating to protect the inner fenders and offer some sound deadening. The plan for the car is to be a driver so durability is more important than being absolutely correct how it was done. I’ve seen some good and bad reports on spray on rubber undercoatings and wondered what other forum members do and what products they use.

Thank you
Evan

A lot of the guys around here use spray on truck bed coating for that. I myself has used the spray-on rubber with good results.

I’ve had really good luck with 3m professional rubberized undercoating. I applied a very thin coat inside the wheel housings, but it can easily be built up thicker if needed.

I too like the 3M undercoating product in the large aerosol cans. I recommend that you put plastic on the ground and wear a throw away white suit because it is extremely messy and gets everywhere. Once dry it does a great job.

I think the 3M stuff is what we used originally when we did the car. I do some looking and see what I can find locally. Thanks for the info.

Evan

I haven’t coated anything exterior yet but when i do I’ll use Raptor bedliner. Kit comes with its own spray gun. So intended for large projects. Used it to cover most of my interior floor with great results.

Prefer Spectrum Sludge for both sound deadening and the ability to apply it with some effort to look like original sound deadener

Can be brushed, sprayed or a combination depending on what look your looking for

https://www.secondskinaudio.com/sound-deadening/spectrum-sludge

For me the truck bed liner is just too hard of a final finish and does not provide the sound deadening found in other products

Same here, works well and have used it on several cars

Hey! Phil Swift has a commercial for Flex Seal spraying it all over the car. :laughing:

I used Rust oleum 2 in 1 undercoating. Neutralizes any rust and will stick to anything. You can spray or brush it on. Just wear long sleeves if on the underside because it’s really hard to remove from your skin.