Interesting 1969 Cleveland 383 for sale

My car has been off the road for a couple of months (starter motor locked on whilst driving, messed with my flex plate, need to investigate)… so back to frustrated lurking…

Anyhow, I keep looking at what may be on the market here in OZ… just out of interest… saw this animal!

https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/details/1967-mercury-cougar-auto/SSE-AD-13919722/?Cr=1

Like the exterior, like the build (a little OTT :slight_smile: for me), not the biggest fan of the interior and seats… and of course it is a Cleveland (because OZ)…

2 Likes

WOW!! What a build!

Must have known someone to get that engineered and passed for registration. Breaks just about every rule in the national guidelines.

I could not get that through SA… my hornet bonnet scoop was legal by one MM.

Unfortunately, the SA hand book states “Hornet bonnet scoops are not allowed” which is factually incorrect, but that is as far as the cops will read.

When it passed the horizontal projection on the ball test

Compare that to a blower…

I don’t understand how half of summernats is legal to be honest….

What in the world of wide shorts is a goin on here?

Blockquote

Nothing much…. Not sure if you are actually asking…. But just in case.

Oz is an aggregation of states that allegedly follow national standards… but, some standards are more equal than others…

I marveled at a weapon build in NSW,

Leon (Qeensland) mentioned it breaks every rule in the book….

I Agreed, and mentioned how I would never be able to register it in my state… as I scraped through my 82mm scoop, around 3” …whilst that 67 is above the windscreen…. I couldn’t help throwing in a “whinge” about how the SA rule book is written.

I still love that 67… but no point if you can’t cruise…. No good to me in SA… not that I have that cashola…