Interior Light Parchment Paint help

I ordered the paint that CJPony Parts carries for the light parchment interior for my lower dash, ash tray, steering column, etc… it came in and is a perfect match in my eyes. The problem is the paint itself is crap. I have to now bead blast the entire project all over again and start from scratch… it had it primed and sanded perfectly smooth and the paint shot specks and clumps and also went on uneven and some spots was transparent… so I come here to ask you all what interior paint works the best and is going to reliably give a good finish ?

Sounds like you got and old batch. You can have that trouble with any brand. Consider some place that will mix it on order.

I bought SEM paint for parchment interior from West Coast Classic Cougar that I used this spring that went on fine.

Steve

Years ago when I was restoring a Mustang interior I found out that PPG had a paint line - DBI for automotive interior use. It is in the Deltron line. I was told among other things it was formulated to meet the interior low gloss requirements so that the sun is not reflected into a drivers eyes. I have used it in a number of new and old applications. If applied per instructions, the match and durability is right on.