Introducing the Project of the Month!

Perfection is the goal, but getting there is never easy. Project of the Month is way to celebrate the effort of building the next great Cougar.

Al Bundy and 69MCode have graciously agreed to step up to the plate and make this happen! :beerchug:

Ready and willing!
Here are some options.

almost sad looking…

as a lot of you know this project is going to the body shop very soon. I just installed the RC motorsports rear 4-link suspension. The front suspension is waiting on the motor to be pulled and rebuilt to a 408w.

What’s the word on the roof skin and filler panel?.. As the rest of your ride seems to be in fairly good condition. Looking forward to seeing progress pics with the work the shop will be performing.

A modest proposal to those in charge of this…

Allow nominations for specific, less-than-full restorations, i.e. tasks rather than cars. For example, someone’s project might be to:
-install electronic headlight covers
-shave door handles
-replace glue-in glass with bolt-in.
-install headers and glass packs
-install hydraulics and ground effects

This might be a way to get tech articles written and collected in one place, much of which regretably was lost with TCCN going off line. This would be in addition to full-blown restorations, not instead of.

Food for thought…

My thought when Jeff brought this up was it was to be a project car. I am curious to hear what others think about this though.

If deemed “worthy”, don’t see why a specific project couldn’t be featured. Some of the grille resto’s I’ve seen you guys do come to mind…mine is adequate, but some of them out there are downright spectacular. The idea of “Tech Articles” evolving from them is just a bonus, IMO.

I was thinking of total project cars when I suggested it but I like the idea of a specific project or modification too. Individual projects on a car would typically need to be self-nominated since most of us don’t know what others are planning on doing until after they’ve done it and broadcasted it.

Maybe a car with an individual update, project or modification doesn’t end up as a banner on the top of the page but could have its own highlighted thread. I’m sure there are many ROTM cars that will have continuing modifications and updates to them that could qualify for a nomination so keep that in mind when deciding to exclude former ROTM winners.

That’s kind of what we’re thinking Jeff. A separate place for individual projects that can remain as an archive for future reference. Bill is going to speak with Don about supporting it as incentive for people to document their projects. The Project Of The Month will be a contest for the entire car.

If I understand, it sounds like we’ll have both a ROTM contest and a POTM contest every month?

It does seem like a lot of work. Why not just designate one or two months out of the year for project cars?

One or two a year may be the way to go as a real project car will take longer than a month to complete.

I’ve seen some real fast builds on these forums but I doubt any of them were done in 30 days.

Good idea, Dave! Projects tend to see a lot of work during the winter months so maybe designate November and March as project car months. That way, you can catch those that do their work before Christmas and those that do it after.

Now that is a good idea, right there.

BTW, did the “Quick Reply” button/box go away for anyone else? Seems mine has tucked tail, and run…?

Yes, but on just this thread. ??? strange …

Ops! I think I mucked up the settings for the new section of the Forums. I will look under the hood and see if I can see any sparks!

Okay we have button! You may have to reload the page to see it though (cntrl + F5)

So basically if we are starting a “My Restoration” thread, this section would be the place to do it. Then folks can follow along and nominate whatever project catches thier fancy.

Sounds good to me! I’ve been trying to get my own thread started, just been too busy lately.

Nice! a spot to put the project. I hope to have mine up soon.

I was thinking all along individual job, projects, headlight conversion, new exhaust system, etc. A restoration project! Allmost all where its a hobby and for most spare time, part time, take years to complete.
Project of the month, not project of the year. Not to mention restoration project complete, then is ready for Ride of the month. :poke:
Just my thoughts.