Is a stroker engine the right choice for your street car?

i beleive yes stroker small block is the way to go. power to weight balance is a huge thing. the newer chassis improvments make it alot easier to transmit the power to the road. modern tires make a huge improvement as well. overall. there is good and bad about the article, the bottom line is dont try certin things on a highway in a car your unsure of. there tracks for that. also, the driver needs to respect the car and power it puts out .

http://www.jonkaaseracingengines.com/component/content/article/231-kaase-p-38-heads.html

yeah, there are canted valve windsor heads, but they’re still not comparable to the engineering in a 4v cleveland head.

Have you looked at some of today’s canted valve windsor heads? I just need two words here lol… ‘Blue Thunder’.

Anyhow, more on topic… I’ve driven high horsepower (500+), mostly low weight, poor handling cars all my life. That being said, I both agree and disagree with the article. We’re all here for power, and I’m not an advocate of telling people what kind of power they need (low or high rpm). For myself, I tend to prefer shorter stroke (sub 3.6"), higher revving motors, partially for the reasons stated in the article, and partially because when its all said and done… they’re usually faster. Honestly though, how much torque do you really need below 3500rpm anyhow? My personal cars are invariably powered by 302 based motors, some stock stroke…some strokers. My end goal for my 68 is a 290cc headed 390ci 302 out of a dart block. My last early car was a 10 second power, n/a daily driver (with a SPOOL no less, lol) …but was tame enough with a 4k chip in the rev limiter that my wife drove it as often as I did…and it didn’t worry me one bit.

Anyhow…the feeling that remains with me even after all I’ve said…is that you’ve got to be a very special person to blow traction to the point of losing control of ANY car at 70mph. Seriously.

Agreed. Special like in “rode the short bus” special…

Absolutely. Or like in ‘hmm, if downshifting into third at 70mph is good, downshifting into second is gonna be insane…!’… lol.