Is this the right steering wheel?

Get that bum off the stage; we’re running late for the next award presentation.

I would say to leave the wrap on since it’s looks pretty well done and will save ya some cash if your happy with how it is.
The other option would be to run an aftermarket wheel but of course most won’t fit your interior styling quite as well

Agree with that as sure looks like a nice wrap. And obviously i love the rest of the dash as is a twin to mine. Sweet!

Only thing I’d replace is the chrome trim ring as easy to install and the reproduction are very nice.

Thanks both of you.
And yeah Cavallino… that’s a great idea. I think I’ll do that.

Also… I thought that image was found online. It has a low resolution “gif” quality.
Ha ha.
So I didn’t think it was yours. I love it.
Your dash pad is so smooth. That’s our next thing to do (when we have the time to disassemble the dash)

Love your interior!

Funny. Site made me downsize to drag and drop and was 1st photo i found. It was only after i posted that i realized that the interior photo of mine was the exact same prospective down to the cant of the wheel.

Love the interior! Isn’t it the BEST color?

There is something about a saddle interior that just looks right especially with the XR7 trim.

But do wish i had your tilt-a-way wheel! Sure know not easy to make work correctly but just so '60s cool.

I didn’t know it was an option. I thought it was standard on them.
It works great. I can’t imagine driving her without it.
If I sit in the car too long before opening the door, though, it doesn’t work. Must be a leak in the container (thought I even painted it to try and seal it up).

Tilt-A-Way was an option. As was AC, 289 V4 and auto. And of course XR7 group. As normal at the time the base car was pretty bare bones. Looks like your 67 came pretty well equipped.

My guess is you’ve never run a “Marti Report” https://www.martiauto.com/martireports.cfm which will give the breakdown on options that came with your cat. The $18 report will give pretty basic option info but the “Deluxe” @ $46 will add dates of order, production etc.

Hope you and your boys have a great time with Esmerelda!

I was curious just how rare Tilt-A-Way steering was. This is from “Cougar By The Numbers”. So just a bit over 2% for 1967 so a tad shy of “standard”.

WHAAAT?
Only 2% of Cougars had this?

Thanks. I’ve yet to do the Marti report. When I first got her, everyone here was kind enough to tell me a lot about the car based on the VIN number… and I guess I didn’t need to know more at that point.
:slight_smile:

And yeah. She’s my daily driver… so we are having a great time with her.