January 2018 Ride of the Month Nominations are now open!

Please make an effort to let the nominees know they have been nominated and if possible make sure they are interested in participating.

Thanks!

This thread is where you will put nominations for the
January 2018 Ride of the Month!

All you need to do is to identify the car and the owner. A picture of the car would be helpful if you can locate one.

As a reminder, here is how it works:

You can nominate any Cougar, even your own. All nominations must be seconded.

We will nominate cars until the 26th of the month, then vote from the 26th to the 1st of the following month, and announce the winner.

A new thread honoring the winner will go up just as quickly afterwards as possible. Then we start all over again.

The winning car will be pictured at the top of the Forums header for the month.

I nominate Bill Leads’ 1968 Diamond Blue XR-7

I am throwing mine in here. A survivor unrestored 1967. Plus the Aura slot car to go with it!

I second the Diamond Blue XR7

2nd Sir Eds '67

I just got mine back after 8 years in body shop, mechanic and interior jail. I’ll throw her in to see what people think.

I’ll 2nd Leroy’s ‘70.
Steven

That dirt road and what I believe are cherry trees blossoming is an awesome setting for Bills beautiful blue cat and that sunset shot of Sir Eds is just awesome and a matching slot car is cool too. Now that I finally have mine back I hope I can find some nice scenery to get some shots like that. Nothing like a beautiful car with some beautiful scenery. I’d hoped to get some shots of Lake Michigan behind her before I left, but only had time to hit the road for Texas by the time the shop got the last of the issues fixed.

Yup, the “Big Lake” provides some great back drops!

Hey Gary how’s it going? I’m still trying to get back up there permanently, but the way unions are meshed into everything even nonunion shops I’m having a hard time finding work up there. It takes 4 people up there and takes much longer to do the same job I do by myself here. I handle all of the electronics, electrical, mechanical and software in my tools. The facilities electrician makes the connection to my tool and that is as far as he ever gets inside my equipment. Up there it takes at least a licensed electrician, a licensed mechanic and possibly a programmer and half a day just to replace a motor. I do the whole job in less than an hour here and have the equipment back up running production. To get work up there I would have to chose between electrician, mechanic or software and go through the whole apprentice, journeyman, master process of state licensing. From what I’ve gathered the welders do most of the robot teaching and programming so I’d have to learn to weld before I could do teach points on a robot. I’ve pretty much decided my 30 years of experience counts for nothing up there so I’m going to have to get out of the equipment maintenance field and find another career in order to move back up there.

I nominate Lou Whitfield’s 69 Cougar XR7 351W4V, FMX, 9" 3.00, A/C, PS, PDB. Owner fabricated Boss 429 hood scoop in aluminum. It is, of course, functional. Burnt Orange Metallic. We bought the car in the late nineties, sold it to help pay off rental property, then bought it back in the early 2000’s. It’s been across country twice.

I’ll second Lou’s '69 XR-7. That scoop is amazing. Handmade solid aluminum.

Really, the car is for Erin, my wife.