Just brought her home today!

Hi guys! I’m a new Cougar owner and wanted to say hi! I’ve had Mustangs my whole life but thought a change of scenery would be cool! I’ve always loved the Cougars. I just brought this home today!

Thx car is a base I think (so much to learn) and originally green. It’s an A code 289 4v, automatic,original AM/FM radio, tilt steering wheel, power steering, power brakes, disc brakes, air conditioning, tinted windows, black interior, console.

I need to order a marti report first thing.

Welcome! Your car is pretty cool looking. It’s also a very nicely optioned standard Cougar. Good luck with finishing it up. A set of factory styled steel wheels will really make that car pop.

Welcome to the Classic Cougar Community. Enjoy the adventure of owning a Cougar. It is truly special.
Steven

Welcome, congratulations, and nice find. You have come to the right place for advice, and help with this car. Being relatively new to Cougar myself, I can tell you that the collective knowledge, and willingness of those more experienced to share it, has helped me with a couple of projects on mine, so don’t be afraid to ask questions. these guys can and will help.

That’s a pretty special '67 Standard you have there. Quite a list of great options! Congratulations, good luck, and have fun!

Welcome, Looks like a nice project. Post up your location when you get a chance.

Oh sorry! I’m in S.E Ohio. I’ll get more pics and stuff in the future. I’ve got a few horrible busy weeks at work coming up, but will get more posted asap!

You’ll have to attend the 50th anniversary in Dearborn and join our CATS Classic Cougar club. http://www.catsccc.com/
Even if you don’t have it road worthy you can always trailer it as a project or attend Cougar less. People like seeing Cougars in different states of completion.

That was a great deal. Someone posted a link to the listing in FL the other day. Looks like you paid for the paint and body work and got the car for free. It has pretty much every important option a 67 std could have, best CL deal I have seen in some time, congrats!

BTW, what wheels are you going with? I think these would look good…

https://secure.cougarpartscatalog.com/alloy-wheel-legendary-magstar-ii-15-x-7-repro-1967-1973-mercury-cougar-/-1967-1973-ford-mustang.html?attribs=75

What town are you in? In in Beloit Ohio. East of Youngstown. And nice cat!!!

I’m just outside of Cincinnati maybe half hour north west.

Hi Don. That was me that posted the link. After I did I realized I shouldn’t have… ha out of fear it would sell. But I was able to buy it quick enough.

I’m not sure on wheels yet but the ones you sent me sure do look sweet. Would look good too!

I’ll post more pics in the weeks to come. Have a horrible work schedule for a few weeks.

Thanks!

The Marti came back! It has a few more options than realized.

Not sure if the limited slip is a 8" or 9".

Also what’s weird is entire interior is black now and this car sure does not look messed with. Even the original am/fm is still in place.

Lastly the antenna is on rear quarter and the previous owner said there were no signs of a hole patched on the front fender.

Thoughts? Thanks!

Your limited slip would have been an 8" originally. Only big blocks got the 9" in 1967. The antenna was installed at the dealership and the hole was not pre drilled at the factory. If a customer wanted it on the quarter panel instead of the front fender, the dealer would have obliged. As for the interior, it’s not uncommon to see interiors switched from green to black. All it takes is an original black interior from a parts car or about 4 cans of vinyl dye.

Wow that car is loaded. I love to see them with lots of options.

Thanks for the help guys - Great info!! I’ll keep digging to see what else I discover!

Under “Order Type”, in the area of the dealer name and address, what does it say? Stock, or Retail (or something else) ? Retail, would indicate that it was special ordered by the buyer.
Nicely optioned car.

It says “Retail”. Here’s the whole thing!
7F91A545117_dlxrpt.pdf (205 KB)