Just curious, did this site do a refresh/reboot several years ago?

Early in the 2000’s I was on this site, I believe, quite regularly until about 2007 when I started a restore of a '79 Bronco. Doing an electrical refresh of the vert here this year, I attempted to get back on but account was not “found”. However, it let me create a new account using my old name and password… Once in, I recognized the old names from the past.

Did this site change it’s name from past or does it clean out inactive accounts over time? Just curious…

Rod

ps… haven’t noticed the battles between Vancouver Ray and it seemed everyone else back then… :sunglasses:

I believe you might be referring to mercurycougar.net.

That page was sold out to a corporation who promptly ran it into the ground and pretty much all of the members left. Many of the die-hards came here. That page still operates but there is very little activity happening on it.

So, you’re in the right place. This place has been operational over 10 years now.

To answer the general question: nope, we don’t drop old threads. There is a lot of great information to be found in searches of the site. Typically forums do that to keep hosting costs down and to speed up searches. Thus far we seem to be able to handle both pretty well. If we ever do have to take steps like that there will be much discussion first. Plus, Jay (our web wizard) is so good at this stuff I would bet he will have the solution before we even have a hint of a problem.

I don’t see any evidence that you were signed up here before, but I do remember you from MC.Net

Thanks - It had to be MC.net that I was on previously, not this site. Found the right place!

TCCN is gone too! Whoever runs this site is doing a great job! A lot of good people on here…
Many thanks…

I second that. Bull Basore(xr7g428) is the big Cat here.