LED Upgrade now no Hazzards

I just installed the complete LED Plasma light upgrade from WCCC on my 69 XR-7.

Everything works perfectly except the Hazzards. When i push the button in nothing happens. I if i press the brake pedal, the dash turn signal lights come on while its depressed.

I confirmed the polarity of the wires at the Flasher, swapped with the turn signal flasher to confirm it was good.

Not sure where to go next.

Question,

what flasher are you using?? If your using the old one you may need to upgrade that as those are designed for the incandescent bulbs.

United Pacific 90652 United Pacific LED Flashers | Summit Racing

I used these on another project and i too converted everything to LED. These work great.

thanks
pat

Full WCCC kit - bulbs, flashers and solid state board.

You shoud be able to find some help here,

Use Vic’s Troubleshooting guide. As I recall WCCC uses his stuff for there kits. I have this kit in my White 70 XR-7 and love it.

Thanks for this link, I’ll give it a shot

Yeah if this is Vic’s stuff he will help you… I had a issue with my electronic sequential unit for 68 Cougar as the Hazard lights would not work correctly either but everything else worked fine… Come to find out my unit was built in 2012 and didn’t want to work with LED lights as well… I emailed Vic and he had me ship him the unit and upgraded it, sent it back and now works 100%… Great guy…

Had the exact same problem and mentioned it to a club member who had just done the conversion as well.

He had found that from the factory the passenger side flasher wiring is often switched in the plug. It works with a traditional flasher, but has this exact symptom when you use the new LED flasher. Pull the two wires out of the plug (one red, one white), flip them, and plug back in the flasher. Voila.

I used a flat tip jeweler’s screw driver to depress the tab on the wire ends so they would pop out of the plastic plug socket.

Yep, saw that and fixed it. Unfortunately still no hazards… working with Vic to diagnose. Hope it’s not the switch….