Look What Followed Me Home

So when you’re slightly compulsive the way I tend to be, it’s really helpful to have a very understanding wife. Of the course the fact that she likes T-Birds was a big plus.

Sorry about the crappy pictures, but this was the best I can do with the tight space I had to cram the car into. This is a survivor with 52K original miles. With the exception of the tires and the other wearable parts it’s 100% original. It’s got a couple minor body issues. The interior is immaculate. Unfortunately it’s not a tri-power, but I guess I can live with that. I bought this from the original owner, it’s been parked in her garage since 1979. Never been driven in the winter. And I even got the promo model that Ford gave out with the car.

Cram? What happened to all the space in that big arse shop you built??

Neat car, but what’s the “Z” code mean, to us un-educated?

390 4v. And some dumb ass has filled all that space with cars and parts. I don’t save old newspapers and empty pizza boxes, but I may have a problem. :bloated:

First step to recovery…

That’s nice! Somewhere in the 67-69 range, my mother had a used '62 with the 390 and it was a fantastic car. I still have to see the side of them, though, to distinguish 61, 2, and 3 from one another.

Great find and Congratulations on the purchase. I love the bullet 'Birds.
Steven

Al that car looks fantastic. Congrats on your purchase

Congrats Al. That is a nice looking bird. Now tell us about the truck beside it. 1973-77 from what I can see.

Randy Goodling
CCOA #95

My buddies F100 that he bought new. '75 I think. He lives right next door to where my new office is. I give him free storage and he does odd jobs for me like plowing the driveway. And he’s a heluva body man. Spend a fair amount of time in his garage drinking beer and making fun of Chebbys.

That’s a nice looking car.
A T-Bird is on my list.
Been on the lookout for 58 Squarebird.

Great car!

Now that sounds like a pretty good friend!

Al you gotta quit feeding the strays…they will eat you out of house and home eventually! ;>P

And valuable garage space too!!!

Randy Goodling
CCOA #95

That is a very cool car. I love those survivors too!

nice find
good excuse to build that second garage!!!

Seconded!

I’m actually in the very early planning stages. The main problem is with just what’s on paper now I would have to liquidate almost everything I own to pay for it. I mean what would be the point if it doesn’t have a clean room and a paint booth?

I was skeptical at first when you told me about it Al, but that looks real nice! Really like the color combo.

Damn Al! I am jealous! What a cool car! Those years of T-Bird were so ugly you can’t help but love them! Helluva find!