Looking for 68 XR7 8F93F517856

I am trying to find my 68 XR7 I restored in the late 90’s. VIN 8F93F517856. Car was light blue with vinyl top and dark blue leather. Had a lot of customer work including 5.0 roller motor, 5-speed, narrowed 9 inch. Sold the car to a guy in Wisconsin in 2005 to buy a 99 Saleen S351. I found the car recently, appears to have been sold by Volo Cars in northern IL about 4-5 years ago. If anyone has any info as to where the car is it would be greatly appreciated. I poured a lot of hours into its’ complete restoration and would love to own it again or at least know it is enjoying the good life. Thanks for any and all help in advance. Attaching a few photos.

Nice Car! I hope you find it. Have you asked Phil Parcells the CCOA registrar?

Agreed, submit the VIN to Phil Parcells to see what he has on it. Just in case you need it go to www.cougarclub.org. You can then use the VIN decoder to enter your VIN and you can add any comments, such as do you have a current owner listed? Explain that you owned the car in the past and are looking for it.

Randy Goodling
CCOA #95

Thanks for the info guys. Bill that is quite the resume of 67 and 68’s. I see you have a taste for the unique! Just submitted so we’ll see what happens. My first car was a 67 identical color combo as the one pictured above, rust got the best of the front frame and the shock tower collapsed which ended poorly. Found this car a few years later with only 54,000 miles. The car had been disassembled for years as the previous owner hoped to restore then lost interest. After five years of blood and sweat it turned into this. Hopefully I can find it again.