Looking for a '70 XR7...

Hi, All!

My name is George, and I’m looking to replace a Cougar I had to sell when I got married. I’m a fire captain getting ready to retire, but when I got hired, my transportation had to be rock-solid. The '70 XR7 with a black vinyl roof I had when I was in recruit academy 24 years ago…wasn’t (no photo/before iPhones :frowning: ) . It gave way to a series of Suburbans and Yukons, filled with soccer balls and science projects.

Well, my boys are headed off to college, now guess what…?

Does anyone know of a driver grade car that look anything like this? I’m specifically NOT looking for a show car, because it’d be too nice and too expensive to be a driver. Thanks in advance…gt

Sharp car! Half the guys on this forum could finish your sentences… Welcome and Thanks for sharing and my guess is the car of your dreams will be in the driveway by Spring!

Thanks, Don! It was great speaking with you this morning. I know how busy you must be, and you were very generous with your time. Please keep me in mind if you hear anything.

Welcome to the board and post your location which will help in your search. I’ve seen this one in person a couple of times locally and have talked with the owner. The paint on body is very nice and I didn’t see any major rust repairs. Very nice solid driver condition Cougar and at $10,000 I think that price for it is a little on the cheap side. Not an XR7 but, it does have the nicer de’cor interior with the deluxe door panels and high back comfort weave seats.
http://swmi.craigslist.org/cto/5366258748.html

If I were to buy it I would fix some of the tacky colors in the engine bay(oil dipstick). Put a new set of chrome bumpers on it and fix the rip in the driver seat and re-sell it at $15,000

Hey George,
Are you still looking for a 69 XR7? I have one that I was planning to restore but I decided to part with it. Too many other projects. Let me know.
Miguel

George, are you still looking? I have been alerted to a 1969 XR7 351-4v in the Phoenix AZ area. Asking $13k. I can forward the contact information and pictures if you send your e-mail to me by private message on this site.

Well…I still haven’t found my Cougar, but it’s just as well. I wouldnt Have been ready. But I am now. If anyone knows of a nice 70, I’m starting to look again!

craigslist has some. there’s a nice one in austin TX for 16k

That is a nice looking ride. Wish it were an xr7!

Theres a 69 Red XR7 with black vinyl top on Ebay right now in New Jersey for 9500 obo.
Put on the cragars and would look just like yours.

Thanks man…I’ma go czech it out!

Says the picky dude with that exact car in his sig :laughing::arrow_down: