Looking for my CollegeCat

In 1977, purchased from a family friend in Newport, RI a 1970 Cougar 351C, light green with white vinyl roof (with sunroof!) and interior. The car was bought by the original owner at Sacucci Lincoln Mercury in Middletown, RI. I sold the car in the summer of 1980 to a Staten Island, NY resident. The trail ends there! I have none of the original paperwork for the car, nor bill of sale from the purchaser on Staten Island. I have regretted selling my Cougar since the day I parted with it and appreciate any guidance on how to track down the car. Thanks

If it was originally sold by Sacucci, in Middletown, RI, their dealer code = 11C285; Marti Auto Works, Kevin Marti, has the F-L-M production information and for a fee (?$) can more than likely tell you the vin number etc. From your description it sounds like color code = G = Medium Avocado. There are no such '70s in the cougar national database, that have white vinyl top and sunroof. If you by any chance still have the same insurance company you had when you had the cougar, my experience is that they never throw out the records of a current customers previous vehicles. They could tell you the vin number of your cougar, which is the first step necessary to try to track it down.
Best of luck
Jim

Several years ago, Don Rush had a 70 Standard medium avocado with white vinyl roof and sun roof in his yard. It also had white decor interior and if I remember correctly, a 351C 4V and left hand racing mirror. May have also had power windows and A/C but my memory is a bit foggy on those details.

Just as information the correct name for paint code ā€œGā€ on a 1970 Mercury Cougar is Medium Lime Metallic. Attached is the invoice for my since parted convertible.

I have a friend in Lafayette Indiana who owns several Cougars including a green 70 sunroof car. I asked him and he thinks it was originally from that area. Are you on Facebook? I can give you his name so you can contact him about it.

He checked his Marti. This car was ordered by Baskin L-M in PA. re- billed by Ford to to American Sunroof company, then re-billed again to Frontier L-M in PA.