Luggage rack tips needed

I’m in need of 6 Luggage rack tips. There needed to complete my restoration. Unfortunately, the originals did not come with the car.
Thanks
Ron

That’s weird. The luggage rack on my 1967 GT was listed on the Marti Report and it did come with the car. The luggage racks came in the trunk.

When I purchased the car, the tips were not in the tubes, and the PO has no recollection of them.
Thanks
Ron

I should add that replacements appear to be on the un-obtanium list from my list of known vendors.
I prefer not to purchase a new rack just for the tips. My original rack is in excellent condition.
Ron

maybe try national parts depot !

Definitely not showing as option for a 67 Cougar, but $22 is a lot cheaper than $275.
Thanks for the suggestion. NPD was not on my radar.
Ron

Huh. Kevin Marti puts them right on his reports. The rubber tips can be printed.

The luggage rack is on my Marti report. The tips disappeared sometime before I purchased it.
Best
Ron

Just because some report on the internet doesn’t list the option does not mean it was not a factory option.

1 Like

1968-77 Corvettes used a similar luggage rack.

Try one of the Corvette suppliers.

GM part 3931559 appears to be the same part.

Thanks for the response.
A while back NPD part (from the packaging) “ H-12188-100A, then FW901, Correct 70-71 E Body all models” was suggested, and I purchased same.
Package of 10, and they fit nicely.
I just checked NPD’s website and the part # did not show up as in stock.
Photo of the Chrysler tips attached. May not be exactly correct, but close
Thanks
Ron


1 Like

What Vic said.