Marti Report for my 1968 XR7

Export DSO 1968 XR7, very short list of options. Was surprised that my Cougar was born with a console and styled steel wheels.

Sounds like the manual transmission, XR-7 console is missing?

Those are tough to find - but you already know that I’m sure.

Love the color combo and options - THE classic combination on a '68 Cougar IMHO.

• Phillip

Neat car!

I also love the color combo. I wish the 1967 Cougar came in Augusta green. I am seriously thinking of painting my 67 that color even though most people that know Cougars want me to paint it the original Sage Gold - code Z.

Steve

Hooboy! That’s almost my wife’s first new car, except hers was PS and a 4-speed. Yours is a really cool “austere” build!

When I went to look at this car, what appealed to me the most was the fact that it was not a vinyl top car. I did not set out to buy another Cougar to keep, but one to part out. I already had my R code XR7, and planned to do a first generation Trans Am tribute Cougar for a retirement car. I kept looking at this one and realized that this was the perfect candidate.
Long story short, I have installed 1970 disc brakes up front, T5z transmission, and 9 inch rear with 3.50 traction lock. It came with 1969 black XR7 seats front and back, and the door and rear interior panels had been changed to 1968 black XR7. I have really grown to love the patina of the Augusta green paint. It is wearing 15x7 all chromed styled steel wheels with a slightly lowered front suspension.
This year, it will finally become my semi daily driver. It has been in dry storage since 2009 when I lived in SoCal.

Glad to hear it’ll be back on the road! Side note: seems like the paperwork for a lot of the export cars shipped out of port Newark came through 153 Halsey St. I went to college right around the corner (Rutgers).