Marti reports

Yep! Love my nastalgic Super Tricks! They were on my first Mustang all polished! And now I have a satin set on the Eliminator… I have a set of Centerlines, and a set of WeldStars, but like the SuperTricks for that nastalgic look!

Was it a rear spoiler delete car?

Nope… It has the rear spoiler.

OK, I’m confused. Is the orange car in the above picture the same as the yellow car with vinyl roof in this picture?

Sorry for the confusion! Yes! Same car… Different color! And different brothers owning it!

Thanks for clearing that up. The reason I asked about being a spoiler delete car is that they were body color from the factory, so black usually indicates an over-the-counter version (or one swapped from a Mustang.) Any idea what the story is behind that?

Yup… My stupid (and I say that with love!) little brother, the second brother to own theEliminator, hated the yellow! And immediately started to paint the hood scoop and spoiler black. Still wasn’t happy, and proceeded to paint it Comp Orange because he loved my buddy’s orange 70 Mach1. Never taking my advice of keeping it close to stock, for returning it back to stock! Then he decided to tub out the rear end! Aarrrggghh! Tried to talk himout of it… Even offering up my all original '65 2+2 fastback Mustang, knowing more of those werearound for the hacking! But my IDIOT (still love’em!) brother proceeded to cut up the Eliminator… :frowning: and change the motor / trans, shortened the rear,install rollbar, etc! Now it’s finally mine… :confused:

Gotta love family but it does suck when someone doesn’t keep a rare car in stock condition. I’m a fan of mild upgrades like wheels and tires, intake, carb, headers etc but beyond that I think these cars lose something when modified too much.

Agreed! Still love the car though! After all, this was the car I drove senior year, and every time I get in, (which was a lot easier a long time ago!), it brings back memories of my oldest brother, taken way too soon!!!

Thanks for clarifying. Sorry about your brother.
Lots of musclecars got the same treatment in the seventies and eighties. Looking back, it may not have been the wisest move from a long-term investment perspective, but it was undeniably popular. At least the car still exists, and wasn’t hacked up to the point of being unstreetable, which was the fate of many.