Marti reports

Are there any discounts for Marti reports? I want the Elite package but they are $200. :eek2:
Thanks!

Welcome. No discount’s as far as I know. If you have a rare or unusual car, the Elite report is a good investment.

My Marti report was money well spent. I believe it’s a fair price for what you get. You might not be alone in thinking its a lot of money. Kevin posted some of his thoughts about it in his blog section. I laughed while reading it but I have to agree with him. He’s in business to make money. He must have had some tough coustomers the day he wrote it.
Steven

Marti Autoworks blog- $10 Light Bulb
http://www.martiauto.com/blog/?page_id=217

I JUST PUT MY ORDER IN! HOPING MY CAR IS AN ELIMINATOR!!!

Good Luck with your report. I forget to say in my earlier post, welcome to the Classic Cougar Community it’s great to have another new member.
Steven

I’d never seen that post before but, as a small business owner, every word rang true. You wouldn’t believe the things people can say with a straight face or the excuses they have for why someone else should eat the cost of their problem, whatever it may be. People who would be furious if their boss said, “We want you to work for $2.00 an hour because that’s what we could get someone in India to do over the Internet” think nothing of walking into a store and telling the owner, “We think you should give us a deal because we could buy it cheaper over the Internet.” We deal with shoplifters, check kiters, counterfeiters, and storytellers like you wouldn’t believe. There’s a cost to that. Kevin had it exactly right.

Thanks! It is good to be here at CCC! I’ve owned this car for 16 yrs and I can finally find out exactly what I got!
FYI The only reason I asked for a discount was because of the discount code box.

Your Avatar is a picture of Zoli’s Cougar, isn’t it?

Not sure whos’ car that is but I changed it showing my own car:) That pic was taken in 1998.

WOW!! Talk about sweating it… Finally received my Marti report! This '69 Eliminator, has been in our family for 45-ish years!! My oldest (late) brother bought this back in Late 1971. It was a yellow Eliminator… with a black vinyl top!!! And I saw somewhere, where NO Eliminators, came with vinyl tops!! And sooooo… I thought all these years, I’ve been maintaining a FRAUD!!! lol! Well my Marti report just came back and the color is now returning to my face!!! PHEW!! And YES!!! I’m doing a little dance!! THANK YOU Kevin Marti and Co.!!

Does your Marti Report show the vinyl top? From the picture, it looks like there are chrome vinyl top moldings which would indicate the top was not from the factory.

Chromed vinyl top mouldings are found to have been installed on 1970 Cougars with Hounds Tooth vinyl tops. From the vintage picture, the mouldings look like factory vinyl top mouldings for 1969-70 Cougars.

I’m don’t know about Eliminators, but my 1st 69 XR7 had stainless vinyl top trim with a black top.
My current 69 XR7 originally had a white vinyl roof & white trim.

edit: changed chrome to stainless

Yes, that is true but from what I can see in the picture, the top doesn’t appear to be hounds tooth.

It would have been extruded anodized aluminum that was bent to form on the car.

When my brother bought the car, it was a year old. The car was originally purchased by a girl in the neighborhood, and it was the talk of the town! When she brought it home, it had the top on it. I had a crush on this car from day one. I was floored when I saw that NO Eliminators came with the vinyl top from the factory, and thats why I was nervous about it being a real Eliminator or not. Either a Cougar with a vinyl top with an added stripe kit, or Eliminator with the added vinyl top were the possibilities. Turns out it was an Eliminator which had the top put on at the dealership. Not sure what “hounds tooth” is, but it had stainless trim and a rough black vinyl. When my brother bought the car a year later, I took care of it, washed and waxed it, vacuum it like it were my own! I was 12, and dreamed of it being mine one day. Still remember my late brother pulling in after work, with me waiting with the hose and bucket, with him saying “yo buddy… your gonna wash the paint off!” Anyway, Now I’m wondering if it would be on the elite Marti, or the original invoice which Marti has. I’m planning on eventually getting those items, when my money tree drops some more leaves! I’m just happy knowing it’s real! Now I have to figure out what hounds tooth is!!! Lol

Houndstooth was a funky looking pattern that was used on interior and vinyl tops in 1970. Personally, I like the black/white Houndstooth.

http://www.bing.com/images/search?view=detailV2&ccid=f2%2fC87m0&id=E020EFD1316AAC1E053780B633183799D7B9A153&q=1970+cougar+houndstooth+pic&simid=608032796235861043&selectedIndex=0&ajaxhist=0

Thanks for sharing your story, and especially that picture. The picture brought back many memories of similar scenes from my youth…a tradition my kids are starting to pick up as they get older & wrench on each other’s cars, 4 wheelers & motorcycles. Sometimes I come home to a big scene like that (parts & tools all over the place), and have to remind myself not to be a curmudgeonly old fart, and just be glad they are doing something constructive (even if my tools don’t always end up back in the right spot).

Re: the vinyl top. A common dealer add on, but don’t look for evidence of it in the Marti report. Those reports are based on factory-to-dealer invoices (thanks Lois Eminger for saving them from the dustbin & Kevin, for having the foresight to preserve & make those records avail. to us) & as such reflect the way the car left the assembly line.

You’ll need the dealer to customer invoice to provide evidence of the way the car was delivered to the customer. That is generally a tougher thing to acquire, but is really only a big deal if you are concerned about losing points in the context of a judged car show that is looking for originality.

Best of luck, and welcome to the scene.

Thanks guys for the welcome! And your right about funky! No funk here… From my memory, it looked the same as our old Lincoln vinyl tops. Long gone now though! In that picture, my mom was waiting to see if the police showed up… A neighborhood v-8 vega had just done a burnout in front of the house!! The old school callout!! Mom hated to think her boys would ever race!! Lol! My pop would secretly wisper… “Go blow their doors off!” Yep… Old stories are great! At least your boys are following in our footsteps! Give them a car habit, and they won’t have money for drugs!! I myself have three daughters, then my youngest, my son@ 16 yrs. He’s into all that same stuff with quads, dirtbikes, and starting now… It’s cars!! Thanks again for the welcome!! Here’s my first car, which was the maroon mustang in the driveway. Made it into this!!

Are those Cragar Super Tricks?