MCACN 23-24 Nov

Who all is planning on going? There’s going to be an awesome Eliminator display, Super Cat, the Bullitt Mustang, the Boss 429 Mustang known as the Lawman, and I believe Royce is displaying his '68 that was once Dyno Don’s. But what I really think you should be coming for is after almost 50 years to the day my father purchasing the car, 48 years after selling it, 13 years after I found it, and a 12 year long nut-and-bolt restoration, I will be unveiling my SCJ Eliminator to the public for the first time. I hope to see you there, joining me for this very personal and exciting moment for me and my family!

Nice! See you there.

Well, nevermind…the shop that’s doing bodywork/paint and final assembly wasn’t interested in actively completing the project…so no more unveiling. Looks like I’ll find a good debut show for next year. :wall: :thumbdown: :blush: :imp: :angryfire:

That stinks :-/

A friend of mine was there and sent me some photos of the Eliminators. Looks like some nice cars. Anyone that we know with a Cougar on display there?

Randy Goodling
CCOA #95

Unbelievable show. Every / any kind of supercar was there. Wing cars. Hemis. W-30’s. Tri Power GTO’s. Every kind of Eliminator. Boss 429 Mustangs by the dozen. A whole room full of 1969 6 pack Mopars with lift off hoods.

Did I mention the original Bullitt Mustang???

More cars at MCACN.

Everywhere you looked there were super high quality muscle cars. How about a factory 4 speed 1969 Grand Prix SJ with a 428HO? So many wing Mopars it was difficult to imagine the value of them.

A personal favorite. 1962 Oldsmobile Starfire convertible. 394-4V with Hydromatic 4 speed automatic, AC, power everything.

Looks like a fantastic show!

Such beautiful pics! I wish I could have been there. :astonished:

SO basically you took your incredibly rare 68 1/2 Cobra Jet Cougar XR7 to the only place on earth where it could become just another car… LOL! Wish I had been able to go.

LOL you nailed it Bill!

:grin: good point Bill. But, at least most of the audience there respects each car for what it is. Being there the entire weekend you still can’t take it all In. So many cars you walk by and just glance at it without really getting the real story of why it’s so special.

I wouldn’t say that. MCACN is one show where you can say “great another restored Hemi, Boss 429, or COPO Camaro” and just shrug your shoulders like they are no big deal. Cars like Royce’s make it a little more special as this is a good place for those rare cars to turn up. Most of the time CJ cars are seriously outnumbered by Boss 429 cars. This was a good year to see some nice Mercury performance cars, between the Cougars and the Cyclones that were there.
Where else can you go and have BOSS 302 Cougars out number the BOSS 302 Mustangs, by one, but still more.