Mustang and Cougar interior interchangeable

I have a 68 standard Cougar. I’m looking to upgrade the interior and upholstery. Am I able to use Mustang seat cover? Is there anything else on the interior that I can use from a Mustang?

I’m really looking for white seat covers (pure white, not off-white), headliner, door panels, headliner border, and back panels. If anyone knows where I can get them, please share.

The seat covers are the only thing that is interchangeable. Probably your best shot is to dye Cougar parts

NPD sells all-new upholstery FOR Cougars in their catalog or online at npdlink.com

1 Like

You can buy upholstery and headliner material. The door panel material, rear panels and headliner trim aren’t reproduced. You have to hunt down used. I have 67/68 driver quality light aqua décor interior with buckets, rear seat, door panels and rear panes in classifieds. I have used the dye on vinyl parts with success- white could be tough to get it to cover however.

I think the front kick panels are the same as well as the cone shaped horn pad are the same on.a 67
The emblem and twist lock mount are obviously not .
The a pillar inside trim will fit as well as front armrests on a decor interior. Not orig but it works