My 1968 adventures

I brought my Cougar home from Coyote Classics and it ran flawlessly. I took a side trip to Texas to see a wonderful lady I met online. After that I drove up to Baltimore & even brought it into my workplace, which blew everyone’s mind.

I have the solid state flasher kit on the way from WCCC. The turn signals still work but are dim and go a little bit slowly. Sadly enough, just before I was going to set up an appointment for state inspection, the windshield washer stopped squirting fluid, but still activates the wipers for no reason. :wall:

Generally, it runs just fine like a Swiss watch after it warms up for 3 to 5 minutes.

The Cougar was originally a 2bbl but now has been upgraded to a weird Holley 4bbl with 2 fuel bowls that probably isn’t a double pumper. The seller also claims that the 302 was upgraded with GT40 heads and cam. It’ll spin the tires no problem. :sunglasses:

The solid state sequential flashers and the turn signal switch I got from WCCC work great.

I’m leaning towards getting the new 500cfm Edelbrock AVS-2 with a manual choke.

The main priority I have is getting it inspected so I can ditch the historic tags.

After that, I’ll probably get a cheap MAACO paint job & then tint the glass.

I’m aiming to keep it as simple and as idiot proof as possible so I don’t have those horrific reliability problems that plagued me with the 1970 cougar I had 20 years ago.

The only option I want to add is that WCCC convex passenger side mirror.

It’s worth noting that the windshield squirter also activates the wipers on purpose, not by accident. Just like most modern cars will automatically wipe the windshield when you run the sprayer motor. Since our cars don’t have a delay wipe, I’ve actually found that feature very helpful over the years; a gentle tap on the washer button activates the wipers without spraying the windshield - and that can be very handy on a drizzly day.