My 1968

Soon to be mine - thanks to be new best friend Don Rush - is a really neat '68 XR-7, 302 J-Code, richly optioned Cougar!

Looks Great!

Don gave you a Cougar? That is a good friend!

No, I had to send him a case of potato chips and some cash

that’s awesome. congrats. can we expect to see it alongside your mustang at the track?

I love it when a plan comes together! She’s a beaut!!!

I expect I’ll enjoy a quiet autumn with it and, maybe in 2017, take it down the track. You know, one thing you learn looking for older cars is how much flawed stuff there is out there - including major flaws the sellers didn’t see through the nice paint when they bought it! Slathered-over rusty body seams, vinyl paint obscuring the subtle color patterns Mercury worked so hard to manufacture - and just like in a WCCC video, a fender apron replaced that the seller seemed surprised about.

The way Don spoke of this car told me to get it, 1st choice in color or not…

I think you also demonstrated the importance of being willing and able to act quickly when the right car comes along.

You are right! I forgot that he bit on the last one I posted and missed out. This is a much better car than the other one and the other one was perfect for Scott as he really wanted that color combo and price point. Post the Marti! Anyone have the missing am-fm on this car? Very happy you nabbed this calendar car… Paint is coming out nicely!
80.jpg

Love it! - looks terrific and please do post the Marti Report.

• Phillip

You’re right, I keep forgetting
8R93J521198_dlxrpt.pdf (205 KB)

turn it into a jpeg and nobody has to download

Here ya go.

Yeah, yeah, now you guys know why I’m on here at 0150 Pacific time now. I go to bed early.

Anyone with an heirloom AM-FM you’ve been holding on to? It’d be nice to complete this car.