My Cat 1967 XR7 4spd, K/H brakes, 9"... 289 2v?!

Hmmm Ok well that makes sense so the rear end is a 66 mustang unit, i was under the impression that the 65-6 rear ends were a different width than the 67-70 it seams to fit nice i wonder if it would be an early 67 production? im not really sure, thanks for all the info guys! this is awesome!

Yes sir! i will take a few pictures as soon as i can! and yes i am in LOVE with the car!! i have had my eye on it for years! and finally ended up bringing it home, i had a 67 standard auto car when I was in highschool and it was just ratty and beat, this car is in my opinion BEAUTIFUL!! all original it def needs paint and some minor details but its still sporting the original california black plates, and 68 dept of the navy parking passes. on the bumpers and fomoco headlights still intact, quarters and floors are perfect!

The tag does not belong to the 9 inch you have. It is either original to your 8 inch that was once in the car or from a different 8 inch as the date is pretty early for your car. The 65/66 9 inch is very rare as it was only available in the K code 289 Hipo cars. They will work fine in a 67 but as you noted they are different…narrower. I ran one for years in my 68 CJ Mustang because it allows for wider tires. You likely have a correct size and more common 67-70 9 inch housing. Agreed very cool little car. Love the white ones and a 67 with XR7 and 4 speed is unique. My love for cars started as a kid when my mom drove a 67 XR7 in Tiffany Blue. Someday I will find the right example. Have fun

Excellent! Im loving the hospitality of this forum and everyones attitude, i guess im used to the import drag racing scene, but yeah that makes me curious as to what the rear end actually is ill try an post up some pics of it asap! and maybe a few shots of the car aswell! just ordered some grab-a-track
620lb 1" lowerings springs full set of kybs, 1 1/4" front sway bar, export brace and a monte carlo bar… very excited for the build!