My Cougar & Battling Family History

Yeah, which scares me cause I dont want to do the moldings where the boot attaches to for the convertible cover when the top is down. Im sure it will scratch at the paint.

Welcome aboard! Your car looks great!

1 Like

Great story and great car!!! Welcome!!!

1 Like

Thanks. Helped me stay grounded and focused for sure.

Blacked out chrome seems very interesting. Maybe you can photoshop the chrome parts black to see how it looks? Just an idea?

Already did, but you know never looks as good as when u actually do it.

I didn’t recognize your car right away but I met you at the car show in Eagle last year. I believe your last name is Mora and your uncle was painting our car at the time. There were over 450 cars at the Hot Rod Happening at Nampa High School this past Sunday. It was too bad it started raining before the end of the show. Caused a lot of people to leave early. Hope to see you out at the Heap Hearders car show in Caldwell this Saturday

Yes Mora, but probably my cousin was painting your car. I plan on being at the Heap Hearders this Saturday so hopefully we will see you there. Weather was the deterrent for me too. Maybe next time in Nampa.

If you want a low cost way to play around with blacking out the chrome windshield surround, you can go to a sign shop and ask them to cut you some black vinyl. It goes on easy (and comes off easily as well). Its not a great long term solution, but will let you see what it looks like without committing to paint.
Kevin

That’s true, I had not thought to wrap.

So nice seeing 5 Cougars at our local Idaho car show. Got some pics. One with a rare 1969 Sports Special.

You have a nice looking car.

1 Like

Thanks so much. Means a lot to have it out at a show after so much adversity.

Nice job.

Where did you get the windshield shade?

What color is that? It looks like the Bright Green Gold Metallic paint from 1973

Windshield shade was purchased through a West Coast Classic Cougar I believe. The paint is called was as close as i could get to the El Gato metalic lime green I saw when I initially was going to clone El Gato. Didn’t get too far but color got close. It’s called Rescue Green Metalic with a bit of custom coloring to get the match a bit closer.

Noice!

I am also digging the painted bumpers look….

Ain’t that many of us.

I have been thinking about doing the Eliminator black out on the grill/ light doors. Your car now has me closer!

Do it! In some ways 67’ to 70’ (no offense to the other years) were ahead of their times. These paint schemes go a long way and the blackout look on the cougars specifically is very menacing. Like a cat on the prowl in the shadows. Haha :+1: