My ‘new’ ‘70 Cougar! Where to begin??

No joke, 65 is just an suggestion around here.

Im undecided and once I actually can get mine up to speed Ill decide on final ratio. The rear end is on the other list of things to do after she is running again. I dont for see too much highway driving just yet.

If you do not have overdrive then I would agree about 3.50 being too low. Bit with the 0.63 OD I think 3.7 or 3.89 would be livable on the freeways.

I have a 351 W with 3.78 in my 67 with AOD and 17 in. tires, at 75 it’s tacking 2100 with 22miles to gallon, if this helps.

I’m all set up with Nate for tomorrow. Gonna go with the 3.50 TruTrac posi. I think it’ll give me the torque boost to get more outta my Cleveland. It should drive fine in 5th gear. Thanks for the tip. I appreciate it!

Thanks for the input. 2,200 to 3,000 is Jalapeño’s happy place!

I would suggest Arizona Differential Services vs Nate (they let Nate go a few years back)…just sayin’. Az Diff Svcs is on Grand Avenue…

Nate did a great job for me, at a price comparable to what I could get just the parts for. I live across town from their shop, and he saved me a long ride on the light-rail by having one of his guys pick me up, when it was done. I’ve been pimping them shamelessly, since.

I know the history but Nate has always taken care of us or anyone I’ve sent over. I just had another F550 third member built there last week.