Mystery Bracket

I know this is a long shot, but does anybody recognize this part?

To me it looks like some kind of convertible top frame bracket ???

Its got me fairly confused. It has the serrated section where it mounts to something, similar to a door latch. Its chrome on certain areas, my guess is were the trim wouldn’t hide. It also has a little black thing sticking out that turns about 90° to a stop each way.

Any guess? Maybe it ins’t even Auto related, but it came with a whole bunch of parts that I bought.

Thanks for any help !!

Maybe for a Winnebago?

It’s a Ford / Mercury station wagon ( remember those ? before mini-vans and other assorted “people movers” ! ) rear tail-gate bracket / hinge. I think they were called a three-way tail-gate, because it could swing out like a regular door, or down like a truck bed tail-gate and it could operate in those two positions with the window in the up or down position. Some even had an optional window washing mechanism ( inside the body panel ) - i think this feature was in the early to mid-sixties. But this latch looks to be from the later sixties, maybe even into the seventies. It is from the LHS / drivers side , upper hinge - of which there were two chromed components. I’ll upload some images and the ford part # shortly, as they are on a different computer / auxillary hard-drive. If I recall the basic for the part is 7143056.

Wow, the knowledge on this site is incredible. thanks for taking the time to reply ! I wouldn’t have guessed that in 100 years

Well here’s some more ‘knowledge’ for you :
The part number ( basic ) for the upper hinge ( on body ) is : 7143086 and the lower ( on the gate ) is 7143090. The screws ( hardware number ) are 57049-S. There is a repair kit ( " pivot kit " ) for the hinge : 7143096. Ford calls the parts : "Hinge Tailgate upper ( on body ) " and Hinge Tailgate upper ( on gate ) " Part was used from 1965 - 1972.
The various part numbers applicable through the years, are : C6AZ-7143086-B, C7AZ-A, C9AZ-A and D2OZ-A ( before 3/1/72 ) and B ( after 3/1/72 ).
The gate portion part numbers : C6AZ-7143090-C, C6OZ-C, C7AZ-A, C9AZ-B, D0OZ-A, D1AZ-A, D2OZ-A ( before 3/1/72 ) and B ( after 3/1/72 ).
The Pivot kit was C6MY-7143096-A ( 1966 - 72 ) You can see the upper hinge in the first image ( it’s to the right of the LHS tail-light )
Here are the images, as well :

Awesome, thanks!

Any chance you can tell me what C1TZ-9275-C Fuel Sender application, I think 61-77 F100 Inside Cab Tank, but not 100% sure of the years covered.

I don’t have the Ford MPC that covers the early years ( before 1965 ) but I believe you’re correct. This number comes up in many places on the internet for 1961 - 1977 Ford Trucks ( F-100, 150, 250, 350 and the Bronco ). It also appears that the C1TZ-C changed to D0TZ-A and again to D7TZ-G, but not having the Ford Parts Catalogs for that period or for the light trucks, I can’t confirm this.

Thank you Sir.