New addiction to Cougars

I was taking drone pictures for my wife’s coworker, we were sitting around having a few drinks I asked him if he minded me looking around his yard at the old vehicles. After about 20 minutes of looking at rusted out vehicles in his bone yard he says I have one more to show you, I’m like what’s that? He said this one I keep covered it’s a 69 Cougar Convertible. I took one look and had to have it, he told me what he wanted for it and replied when my boat sells I’ll be back for it. 10 minutes later a guy called to make an offer on the boat and I drove the car home the next day.
Now I’m in the process of stripping the car down to restore it. I’d like to have it finished for my wife’s 50th in 2019. The irony is she knew he had the car and wouldn’t tell me now she can’t wait for it to be finished.

Welcome , but I must warn you!! The addiction doesn’t stop with just one!!!

9 coats of paint/primer with 6 color changes to get to bare metal.

Welcome to the Classic Cougar Community. Enjoy the thrill of owning a classic Cougar. Good luck with your restoration.
Steven

But look how beautiful and straight the grille is! Great purchase :smiley:

Lots of layers of paint usually means it was in a sunny dry climate and their is rust free sheet metal underneath it all. Have fun with the project…

Awesome find. Where are you located?

Very cool! Welcome aboard!

Can’t wait to see more pics as you make progress!

I’m in northern Alberta.

Northern Alberta, gosh. How’s the weather?

Look forward to seeing your progress

Great find! I hope you enjoy the journey, as well as the results.