New Cougar in France

I had a wire “frying” incident recently and it was due to a battery that was low on charge, which then caused the apron mounted starter solenoid to stick open. The wiring harness from the solenoid to the distributor got cooked along with the ignition coil, the ignition points, and the condenser.

It’s ok.

It’s a 50yr plus car and things just “happen”

1. Excellent time to add a battery disconnect

I know, it’s an old car, there’s always something to do…
I’ve a 30 years off-road, and a 40 years car. This one wouldn’t be different, but the other two came home on the road. I’ve drove them at least some months before got hands dirty. Today the two have engine rebuild and engine compartment clean and shiny.
When I saw pics off under the hood I know that It won’t stay like date for a long time but I wanted to be able to drive it at least a few miles, have some sensation to get the full motivation to put my hands to work. And that doesn’t happen.

The second thing that pisse me off is that, even if I think the price was correct during the deal, the price of a not running car isn’t the same…
But it’s ok, just need my vacations than I’ll have the motivation and I will get to work.

And I only imagine my happiness when this V8 will start again :sunglasses:

After sitting so long, I think it’s just the heads. Valve guides maybe, valve stem seals definitely.