New Ford Mach 1

Decided on picking up a new Mach 1 after selling the Cougar due to a lack of garage space. Hopefully I’ll pick up another clean XR7 if we can ever find a house with the big garage / shop that I want.

Purchased the blue one after finding a dealer that would order under invoice. Just returned from a track day at the Ford Performance Race school driving the orange model.

Congrats on the new ride.
How do you like it.

Nice color combo - congrats!

• Phillip

The Mach 1 seems attractively priced when you compare it to GT premiums that also hit the higher $50s K.

@zman…I haven’t put many miles on it, but enjoy it so far. Comfortable drive, but looking forward to trying it out on the local road course which was another driver in giving up the Cougar for now.

@R.B. Phillips…car has a number of GT350 and GT500 parts that differentiates it from the GT. I would have liked the GT500, but the price delta was too much for me. I was able to order it under invoice from an Iowa dealer, where most dealers are pricing these at $5-$10k above MSRP.

Ive been fond of the Mach 1s, They really do seem to be a bargain for what you get compared to some other options. This was the same for the GT350 too when it first came out. Kinda disappointed that disappeared in favor of the GT500

It’s an epic car. Car and Driver tested one in the most recent “Lightning Lap” issue at Virginia International Raceway.

The Mach 1 is faster around the road course than the GT350, despite being down nearly 50 BHP. That’s damned impressive.