New here but not new to Cougars

I hope everybody likes a story to go with pictures. Back in the late 1970s I had a 1970 yellow XR7 Convertible. Traded it away after a couple of years. Yeah, one of my regrets. Later, in the 1980s, I had a pair of 1972 XR7 Convertible, both bought on the same day. Sold them after a couple of years and put the money into T-Birds. Decades go by and I’m still into T-Birds and other big Fords, didn’t think much about acquiring another Cougar but kept watching ads since I’m always looking for my next car. Bet you all know that feeling.

Fast forward to the present and local Cougar ads haven’t been impressing me until a couple of weeks ago I came across a Craigslist ad for a 1967 Red Cougar with a spoiler that looked very pretty. The car looked pretty, not just the spoiler. :laughing: I saw that the ad had been running for two months. The price seemed the right ballpark for the photos and description so I thought “There’s gotta be something wrong with it” so I didn’t do anything about it but it kept bugging me and I found myself frequently coming back to the ad, to the extent that I saved the link to my desktop so I could get to it quicker.

Finally, I could control myself no longer and went to see the vehicle. On a hunch I brought a wad of cash. Turned out I was right to do so as the car was just as described and the seller had a folder full of receipts for all the work that he had done in the 4 years that he owned the car.

See for yourself.

I can see why you kept going back to the ad. sounds like you got yourself a nice car, congrats

Nice!

Hey! I saw that car (from a distance) too, wondered why a nice stick car hadn’t sold too! I’m newly back in the Mercury game myself. Feels good, doesn’t it?

Nice car!

Awesome car, love it. I see many because I cruise Craigslist daily. If I had money, I would have too many cars.