New member in Arizona

Hi all! Just got a '68 on labor day and have been restoring since. I’m very excited about this site, so many posts to read!!

I don’t understand why they didn’t paint the roof of vinyl top cars.

Because the bean counters said no, no, no. No paint on the roof if the car is to get a vinyl top.

Randy Goodling
CCOA #95

Where in AZ ?

Tucson. I guess I should give the basics. J code car, power steering, power brakes, front dics, black cherry paint, tilt, started as a California car then Oregon, Colorado, Texas and now Arizona.

Welcome! Looks like a fun project!

My car came from Tucson actually, now resides in Phoenix

I used to live in Tucson. From now until maybe mid March is the only time you can enjoy being outdoors. Nice work on the vinyl top.

Thank you! Yeah, just starting to be good driving weather

Tucson has such a great car community. I live in Marana and used to cruise my 67 to the Freddy’s on Orange Grove on Thursdays. Tucson is a “big” small town feel. Good luck on your restoration!

-Adam

Thank you! Excited to be a part of it, my first cougar (72 convertible) was a daily driver. Loved driving it, but was never part of that community. This one will be different

The shiny black roof in your second pic brought back a funny memory of my first car- a 67 cougar standard that for a while (less than a few hours) was painted maroon with a shiny black roof. I was young and stupid and didn’t realize that spraying black lacquer over acrylic enamel would be a problem. My buddy and I painted the roof and went inside to have lunch while it dried. Came out and the whole thing had bubbled up to the point where we simply peeled it off in one big sheet! Looking forward to seeing your restoration progress.

Lol! Great experiment though :laughing:

We finally got her put back together and got the paint cleaned up.

I’m in Chino Valley now. Just moved here in August.