New Product for 66-72 Ford V8 engines

We have just released our Generation 2 adjustable vacuum advance module for 1966-72 Ford distributors. As with all of our products - this is USA designed and manufactured.

Fits the single diaphragm vacuum advance chamber (Ford part numbers C5AZ-12370-A , B9A-12370-A, or Motorcraft DD-9 and DD-190)

This part enables external adjustment of the vacuum advance from 0-22 crankshaft degrees, and looks absolutely show correct. It installs in minutes with no fabrication or modification - and comes with a new fiber sealing washer, 5/64" hex head wrench, and detailed installation instructions. T

It is CNC machined carbon steel and plated for OEM fit, long life and show appearance.

We developed this product because we were annoyed by the hit-or-miss nature of tuning the stock vacuum advance - which required fiddling with calibration washers. The aftermarket offered adjustable chambers - but they are more expensive and generic Chevy based designs that looked totally incorrect on a restored Ford engine.

Our first generation product has been available for years through NPD and other leading retailers. The generation 2 uses a revised one-piece design that makes installation a bit easier.

We begin shipping this week and the direct price is $42.00 plus $3.00 shipping. Or you can buy on Ebay

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1966-72-Ford-Adjustable-Vacuum-Advance-Module-302-351-390-428-429-460/233782838233?hash=item366e8b03d9:g:j9kAAOSw~tpfsbdD

Please PM me for details.

CDB9A967-C32D-46A5-A81C-CD5AEC371F48_4_5005_c.jpeg

I just took mine apart and realized that there I nothing behind the port- no washers, spring, fiber filters, etc. Can you supply these as well. Will order this if you can supply the missing internal parts as well.

Joe Valenti
940 595-5210

Hi Joe,

Shocked that someone would omit these parts. That’s some serious mechanical malpractice! I wouldn’t be surprised if your vacuum diaphragm was damaged as a result. In any case, the car couldn’t have run very well in that state.

We do have a VERY small supply of original Ford springs and fiber spacers. However, there are many different springs and spacers used by Ford to tailor the advance rate/limit based on engine, transmission and emissions spec.

Please PM me your specific combination & Distributor casting number. I can then identify what specific components you need.

Joe,

You need a C5GY-12202-A spacer, and a B7AZ-12192-A spring. The spring is fairly common and readily available on eBay and elsewhere for under $10

The C5GY spacer is somewhat less common, but you could substitute a B7A-12202-A

Whatever you do, get a spring and spacer in that vacuum chamber ASAP. Without it, there is nothing preventing the diaphragm from giving you WAY too much vacuum advance. And without the spring, the vacuum chamber won’t reliably retard when the engine needs it to.

Is the engine performance erratic or inconsistent? I’d think it would perform terribly in that condition.

Lastly, check that the vacuum chamber isn’t damaged by over-travel of the rubber diaphragm. The spacer prevents this over travel.

I hope this is helpful.