New purchase of '68 Cougar

Hello, I bought a '68 base model 302 (2V) /C4 cougar this summer. I am in the process off rebuilding motor this winter. in S/E Idaho.
Door tag info: warranty# 8F91f501279,Body 65A, color B, trim UB, date 16H,D.S.O. 51. thanks for adding my car and I.

Welcome! That is a pretty nice looking cougar you have there! Does not look like it needs much to be a fun driver!

Looks to be in good shape. Congrats.

Rosie,
If you go to www.cougarclub.org you can submit your VIN and the rest of the door data plate information. In addition you can add you actual name and address. Also there should be 2 more codes after the DSO code. They would be for the rear axle and the transmission. The rear axle will be a single digit, most likely a number however it could be a letter and the transmission code should be a W.

Randy Goodling
CCOA #95

Rosie, welcome to the forum and congrats on your purchase on a nice car :slight_smile: . If you submit your door tag info on the link that Randy listed in his post above mine, you might recheck the trim code and see if it’s UD (it looks like in the picture the carpet and dashpad are dark red in which the letter D would be for red) instead of UB (in which the letter B would be for blue).