New Subforum Proposal

Hey guys,
Some of you know I have a few Cougars. But, what outweighs the Cougars by several tons are my full size Mercs. I recently bought a couple more and are excited about them. I know a few other Cougar people that also have other Merc’s or old Ford products. So, do you think it is a good idea to add a subforum for “Cougar Owners Other Mercurys and Fords”? We can add quafications like: must own, have owned or want to own a Cougar to participate. Perhaps there may need to be more than subforum of this type. Where Mercury has it’s own and one for Ford. Dare I say another for non-Ford products?

Might be a good idea, now what did you get? I have has several 66 big Mercs, including a S-55 and a 4 speed Colony Park station wagon.

I just picked up two 68 Colony Park wagons. One is supposd to be Saxony Yellow, but was painted a cream color with tan painted over the woodgrain. It has a 428 C-6. The other wagon is Lime Frost with the wood on the sides–faded, weathered and in need. 390 C-6 car. This was supposed to be a parts car to support the other. But, it is too good to be a parts car. I drove it on the trailer to get it home.

In my yard is also a 58 Mercury Monterey, 58 Mercury Parklane, 58 Mercury Montclair Turnpike Cruiser–parts car. A 68 Monterey fast back, 68 Monterey convertible and a 64 Montclair Marauder.

Here is the 58 Parklane and the 68 Monterey convertible up on the lifts. There are 4 Cougars in there too—3 are visible.

The 58 Monterey.

In the movie Taking Woodstock they used my 68 Monterey fastback. I hit a deer a few months after they used the car. It has been apart for 4 years. But, is next on the list to get done.
Here is a scene from the movie.

I like the Idea !

9F91H, I think that is a great suggestion as long as the folks here don’t feel like we are diluting the content. (did I mention the '69 Colony Park Wagon in my fleet?)

It’s OK by me. If someone isn’t interested in other Mercs, they don’t have to go to that section. The Classic Cougar Garage has a section for Non-Cougars as well… although I’m usually the only one populating that area on a regular basis.

Ask and ye shall recieve!

The new forum is in the Garage Section here:
https://classiccougarcommunity.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=51

Can you guys kick off the new sub forum by reposting the pics of your other cars?

Neato. :thumbup:…Guess I need to start searching for another project, might as well be another Merc.

The forum is really for the people that use it. It is about the people, really. I am basically a car guy, so there are a lot of cars I would like to see more of. Call me crazy but I saw a very very nice Cosworth Vega that I would like to drive some time. And then there was this Pontiac Can Am that really looked amazing… And a '65 Comet Cyclone that was bad to the bone. Not to mention my lust for a Falcon Sedan Delivery. Or a project that I would like to do turning a Fairmont Futura into a two door wagon (kind of a Chevy Nomad look). Not to say that I don’t like Cougars, to paraphrase Ron White: great cars are like boobs, once you’ve seen one pair, you want to see them all.

He stole that line from me, Bill…(Ron, that is…)…

Hear hear, I love my Cougar but have just as much love for my Toyota Supra drag car and my big ass 2500 Ram. I’m a piston head, I like lots of cars, brand and make irrelevant. Good job on the new sub forum. Look forward to check it out :beerchug:

What about if the subforum is just a generalized “My Other Car Is A…” forum? Then there could be separate threads for different genres, like the Ford / Lincoln / Mercury thread, then a European import thread, rice burner thread, exotic car thread, GM / Mopar threads, etc. I bring this up because I could contribute some pics of my '73 Opel Manta if there was an appropriate place. Then again I dunno if we want to muddy the Cougar waters with a bunch of other stuff, but it could be fun if people like the idea.

I’ll go along with Andrew on one condition. NO RICERS!

Geez Louise, let not get carried away with Euro and Ricers. Only domestics for me. The only time I would ever buy a foreign car is if I lived in a different country.

As a generalization, I personally feel we shouldn’t broaden it past Ford products. Although, I asked for something different and got it. To be fair, if someone else (a Cougar person) wants a small piece of the pie for something they like and enjoy, then I’d say o-k. It takes all kinds to make the world go-round. If there is a forum generated for euro and rice, make it a sub sub sub forum.

Lets see how this works for a while. If we have members that are into Cougars and want to share their other interests, I don’t think that is so bad, but I don’t want to lose sight of the fact that a lot of people are here because it is a Cougar centric place. Dance with the one that brung ya…