Oil Pressure sending unit connection 68 XR7

Royce, I have a 68 and my OP looks like the first pic you have here, could the earlier 68’s have the spade connection? I may be missing something but mine doesn’t have the male fitting on the PO to connect my wire with the female spade to the unit. I am hoping you might have a photo that shows what it should look? I have looked everywhere for a photo that shows the spade connection, not the stud type. Much thanks!

Brian

The spade connector was only used in 1967 so either the oil pressure sender or the entire engine has been swapped on yours. Any auto part store will have a female spade connector.

Royce, wanted to circle back with you on this. As I mentioned earlier that I had a “spade” connection for my oil pressure sender. I pulled the run out to inspect the rest and had a bad wire at the Temp sender connection so ordered a new set from WCCC.
My oil pressure sender does have the nipple for the spade connector. I am including a photo showing the old spade on the original wire run and the new one connected now to the sender.
So, I guess I am trying to understand why the original wiring had the spade and the sender has the spade connection end on my 68’? Could the PO have replaced the sender and wiring to it if 68’s aren’t supposed to have that connection? Both look original to me.
Thanks!

Original spade

This pic has the new wire w) spade connected.

Bad temp sensor connection

New wire

Looks like a '67 sender and harness.

Royce, one more question on my new dash to engine wire loom.
I noticed the new connector for the temp sensor is much smaller than the original connector on my car. So there appears to be two sizes depending what oil sensor you have. Since my new one is smaller, do i need to replace it with a unit that takes that size?
I dont think any thing is wrong with my current oil temp sensor but need to either change the cap to fit the old one or change the sender to the new one with a smaller stud diameter cap. to take the brand new cap ??

Looks like the connector for the water temp sender? You can expand it to fit the connector. If you look closely it has a seam in the copper.

Royce, yes, that is correct and what I meant to say. Forgive my typo on that as I know this was a thread originally on the oil pressure sending unit. Do you think that trying to enlarge it is better than just replacing the new smaller end cap? Would cutting it off and connecting the old one that is larger diameter affect the reading?

I did order a new unit that has the smaller diameter threaded stud on it but was hesitant to use it as it is different from the original style. It is the brass colored one. Probably made in China.

It’s easy to make the connector bigger. Less trouble than trying to splice the wire.

:+1: