Orphan Car Meet - June 22nd - Oregon City, OR

Sadly, we qualify for this now;

http://www.sdc-nw.org/Orphan/Flyers/OrphanColor.jpg

10am ~ 4pm, Clackamette Park, Oregon City, OR
Entry = $10 + 2 cans of food for the Oregon Food Bank

I’m going to try to be there - if I get my rear suspension work finished in time. It’s been two steps forward, one step back…

A Orphan Car meet. Now that is a cool idea. I would guess that there would be a good turnout with the closing of the last couple of name plates. Saturn and Hummer owners should have a great showing! :smiley: Pontiac and Mercury, it’s possible they might have a car or two. :laughing:
Steven

Hey Mike, did you end up getting to attend this event? That park is just a few miles away from me, so I’ll have to watch for this event next year.

Yes I did! It was a good time ~ the Studebaker Club fellahs said it was thier biggest turn out yet - right around 100 cars.

Some VERY nice stuff there. They snapped a pic of every car as it came in, and the category winner’s received a framed plaque that included a picture of thier car. After the awards were handed out everyone else could come up and claim thier pictures. Class breakdown was by decade, ending with '70 and up. So I was classed with a very eclectic mix of cars… an Avanti, a datsun pickup, a Dart, a station wagon, a 2002 firebird, an Olds(?), a Grand Prix 455 SJ, a triumph(?), plus a checker cab - which won.

Mine was the only Cougar, but there were a few other Mercury’s - when all things were equal I voted along the party lines, but some classes were missing candidates or were just way out classed. I mean, how can you compete with a Cord like that one?

Here is a link to everything that was there; http://www.sdc-nw.org/Orphan/Official/official.htm

This was the '70 and up row…

^ all original, right down to the owner!

That’s cool. Thanks for posting pics and for the link. Wait, a Dodge Dart? How does that count as an orphan? Keep me posted if you are headed to any other cruise-ins in the area and I’ll try to make it too. I’m really wanting to get out to the Wednesday evening at PIR cruise-in this week (tomorrow) or next week for the first time this year. Have you ever been to that? It’s always a good time, once you get there, but getting there can be a bit challenging depending upon traffic.

Looks like a nice sunbeam tiger at the show.

Yeah, there were a few cars there that technically weren’t orphans - a mid-'60’s Vette rolled in across from me and I was scratching my head at that one. I heard that they were allowed to enter the show, but were not judged.

I haven’t been out to the PIR gathering yet, but I’ve heard it is a blast and I’d like to attend sometime this summer once the weather improves.

That sunbeam was pretty cool. I chatted with the owners a little bit too, and they were just as cool as thier car :slight_smile:

Where’s a pic of the Eliminator Mike?
I like car shows always something different or interesting there :drool: