Out for first Cars and Coffee event

Out for a Cars And Coffee event at the local Gateway Classic Cars here in Denver. It was nice getting back to some level of normalcy. Had a lot of positive questions about the car…history and originality.

First major outing since I’ve had the car…put around 40 miles on her. Seems to run well, but a few quirks (seems to be a slight miss every few seconds, some rattles such as loose parts, couple of loss of power events when taking off / black smoke out exhaust, etc.) to work through like any old car.

1 Like

Congratulations, and great looking Cougar! I’m looking forward to getting out and about a bit more in mine this summer too. Sounds like a carb overhaul is in your future.

Looking forward to enjoying summer and various car shows, but waiting for our weather to stabilize. Denver has these early summer storms with potential hail as we transition into summer.

I put on a new Holley Street Avenger 350 cfm carb last fall as it came with an early Holley 2 barrel…probably switched out in early 70s. Already checked float level and may have to rejet for our altitude.