Papa's Toys Open House - May 10th, 2014

Annual “OPEN HOUSE” of the “PAPA’S TOYS” Car Collection
May 10th, 2014
10:00AM-3:00PM
Location- “Papa’s Toys” Warehouse - 495 N. Holladay Street, Cornelius, OR 97113

Drive your “Toy” and show it off too with hundreds of other car, truck and auto enthusiasts in our very large parking area.
No registration. No awards. Just an “Open House”.
No pets in building please. Food available.

http://www.papastoyscarcollection.com/index.html
http://www.papastoyscarcollection.com/open-house-flyer.html

Admission to the collection: cash or tax deductible check donations collected at the door for Doernbecher Children’s Hospital
“Papa’s Toys” is one of the largest private collections of street rods, classics, customs, race cars and special interest vehicles from 1922—1982 in the Northwest.

Well, the open house was a good time despite the weather. Morning started out sunny with a few hundred cars in the parking lot. Around 11am we all got a free car wash! Then the sun came out for the rest of the day ~ we caught the edge of a few black clouds though that dropped just a sprinkle on us.

Most of the morning crowd left with the rain, and then the afternoon crowd showed up with their cars. It was like 2 different shows in the same place, same day.

Hey, if they’ll let ME in then they’ll let in anybody, LOL!

This Rebel was for sale for $12k

Challenger club showed up in force! Local Porshe club showed up too, about 50 cars deep, but I neglected to get a pic.

This is the local White Zombie electric car that tears up the strip at PIR regularly. Zero to 60 in 1.8 seconds…

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=369h-SEBXd8

A shot of the field…

Not sure if this is modified, or stock, but it is definitely an interesting Nash Metro!

Loved the rumble seat on this one. Not sure that I would be brave enough to ride in it at speed though!

This bronco looked like it broke loose from a carnival ride! I didn’t know they made metal flake that large, LOL!

This beautiful Belvedere showed up late in the day, but got alot of attention right away.

Quite the variety of rides! Thanks for sharing.

I know, that’s what I love about this show / cruise-in. Heck, I was parked between a Toyota 4-runner that was for sale, and a Porshe - until he moved over to join his club members when they arrived.

I did see some old acquaintances that have a '69 Cougar, but they didn’t bring it to the show. So I was the token Cougar representative. Oddly enough, I had quite a few people come up asking if my Cougar was a '68.

Good job, I wanted to stop by after seeing local TV celeb Andy Carson doing his morning bit there, but my hood needed prepping for another coat of primer. I hope to run into you sometime this year!

LOVE the T-Bird (except maybe the color), it is on of my fav years!

NAILED IT!

I’m sure we’ll meet up sometime this year. I plan to do the All Ford show in Hillsboro, June7th. Also plan to regularly hit the PIR / Beaches cruise-in on Wednesdays, the Hillsboro Burgerville Cruise-In on Saturdays, and possibly the Farmington Dairy Queen cruise-in on Fridays, when possible.

I liked that T-Bird as well ~ so much “avacado” in one place! There were 2 other square 'Birds at the show ~ both Landau Specials, one in correct “Ember-Glo” (or whatever the T-Bird equivalent was for '65), and the other in a blue repaint. I got some pics of the Ember-Glo car at last year’s show. Very nice 'Bird, and the owner is very knowledgeable about the Landau Specials - it was a learning experience talking to him about his car.