Parting 69 Standard Coupe

Just in for parts is a 69 standard coupe. This one is just a rolling shell with the drivetrain. All the bolt on body parts and trim are long gone. The interior is completely stripped out already. The engine is a 351C 2V, yes I know this is not original but it is what someone put in the car. Automatic trans, probably an FMX although I have not looked to see yet. The shell is still good for some sheetmetal like the roof, rear body panel, hinge pillars, door jambs, shock towers, etc.

Randy Goodling
CCOA #95

I am interested in the roof on your 69. I just bought a 69 xr-7. it had a vinyl roof and is rusted badly. I am located in dallas texas.

I am located in PA. Having driven to Dallas back in the mid 90s it is about a 2 day drive. I do not have a good way to ship it but if you have an idea I’m all ears. Thank you.

Randy Goodling
CCOA #95

I have a friend who works for a shipping company he may have some ideas. How much would you want for the top. I would need as much of it as possible, pretty much everywhere the vinyl top was is pretty rotted.

Did you buy the gold XR7 with the black vinyl top, tilt wheel and power windows that has been for sale in Dallas? I know it had a bad top but other than that it is a very nice Cat! Just curious.

Chris

Yes that’s the one I bought. Spread the word, I’m looking for a good roof.

Do you still have the drivers side window glass? I just broke mine closing the door, and seeing as it’s my only car, I need a new one soon…
Thanks,
F23

The top is still on the car so I can cut it just about anywhere. I do have someone else who wanted the lower rear window channel so I would need to get back with him on how he wants it cut. Other than that you could get the rest of it. Price wise I would say about $200 plus whatever the shipping would be. If your friend can set something up that is fine with me. I could probably get the cut off roof to a local friend’s place of business which would be an easy pick up for a large truck. Let me know what your friend comes up with. Thank you.

Randy Goodling
CCOA #95

I have some glass already out. Do you need clear or tinted glass? Is it for a 69? Or a 70? Are you concerned about date codes? Let me know and I will see what I have. Thank you.

Randy Goodling
CCOA #95

Not concerned about codes, but I do want clear for a 69.

F23

I should have a left side in clear for a 69. I’ll go out in the storage building tomorrow AM to be sure. Thank you.

Randy Goodling
CCOA #95

Thanks!

I’ll be talking with my shipping connection tomorrow. Please let me know about that rear window channel, unfortunately I need that too. Do you have a picture you could send as well. Thanks again!

I have a clear left 69 glass already out of the door.

Randy Goodling
CCOA #95

Let me know what your shipping guy has to say. Since it has been so cold here this winter the car has sort of turned into a shelf so I will need to do some cleaning up to get photos. I’ll work on that this week. I will need an email address to send the photos to when you get a chance. Thank you.

Randy Goodling
CCOA #95

So how much are you thinking for it?

F23

Are you close enough to pick it up? Or would I be shipping it? If I am shipping, to what state? Let me know. THank you.

Randy Goodling
CCOA #95

I’m in NY, so I think the gas to get to PA would be same as shipping. Do you have any idea what it would cost to ship?

Shipping would probably be cheaper than the gas. Or if you are planning to attend Spring Carlisle you could pick it up there. Shoot me a town/city and zip and I will get you a total price. Thank you.

Randy Goodling
CCOA #95

Sent pm