Pedal Support to Lower Bracket

I am getting ready to install the lower dash on my 1969 XR7 and I am uncertain about the order of the fasteners that secure the Lower Column Bracket to the Pedal Support Bracket and the Lower Dash. There is a aluminum spacer inserted on each side of the Lower Column Bracket. Does the second aluminum spacer go between the inserted spacer and the pedal support bracket?

Which spacer does the metal expansion sleeve insert to?

Where does the lock washer go?

Do not have any clear drawings in the repair manuals and cannot find any photos showing the correct order.

This is the assembly page of the steering column from the “1970 Cougar Chassis Assembly Manual”. I highly recommend getting one. Not sure if the picture will be usable, it’s got a lot of small detail.

Tom, Thank you for the diagram. It is essential the same as my 1969 Shop manual diagram and the 1969 Osborne assembly manual diagram. It seems to show one of the spacers on top of the inserted spacer on the lower column bracket - but not the lock washer placement and the expansion sleeve placement. It does not show them at all. I do not know if they were added by PO.

I guessed the expansion sleeve would hold the spacers together during assembly and installed the lock washer between the Lower column bracket and the nut.

Were two spacers used for tilt steering only? I have seen lots of photos with just one spacer inserted in the Lower Column Bracket. Very uncertain about the assembly and I would assume it is important.