I don’t know if it’s legit to call this “restoration”, or if it is better to refer to it a “refurb”; either way I have neither time, space, nor money to pull off the phenomenal task some of the notables here are performing, but I am going to work my way through as issues demand attention. First item along these lines is the passenger door. I neglected to take pics when I first opened it up, but I suspect there will be no cubby that the mice have not nested in, and such was the case here. After I vacuumed the interior of the door out I took some assessment shots.
First step was phosphoric acid, went over everything twice with pics between to make sure I didn’t miss anything. The camera shots were invaluable to me along the way giving me eyes where I could not see (wait till the end).
Then primed with rustoleum (went back and 2d coated after these pics):
Then some spray undercoat where it had peeled, and what it exposed about “missed areas” (yet to be readdressed):
I hear that! Fix the stuff I can fix and save for the stuff that I can’t.
And hopefully no fretting in between!
Being from Michigan, when I see one like that I ask where you got the NOS door!
You’re doing the right stuff. I did that same kind of stuff on my 66 Mustang back in 79. Haven’t had to make any rust repairs to that car since the preservation activities back then.
You’re on the right track.
Thanks for the confirmation. I’m trying to stay focal as much as possible, but when I see it, I have to “fix” it. Within budget…