Posting error

Is anyone else seeing this message after posting? My post get added but I still see this message.

Steven

Yes twice yesterday

I won’t be able to get to it until later today, but I’ll take a look. It’s a warning–as opposed to a fatal error–so it shouldn’t affect your ability to post, it’s just annoying and shouldn’t be happening.

I did. But, the post went through anyway.

I am getting the same error… I hate updates…

Did it to me yesterday too.

Just happened to me too which caused a double post.

Okay, I’m taking a look to see what I can find out. (And posting this to see if I can reproduce the error.)

I see the errors you’ve been getting in the log, but I can’t reproduce it by just posting, which works fine without throwing an error. If one of you who had the error could give me a link to the post that caused it, I may be able to see what’s different about the affected posts.

I posted on a couple different threads yesterday. Happened both times. Here is one of them:

https://cccforum.discoursehosting.net/t/third-member-swap/8674/10

Just did it to me again!!!

I see that; this time it triplicated your post. Is that a word? I removed the two extras.

The only thing I see different about your posts is that you included an internal link, like this one:

and had a quote, so I’m trying both to see if I can duplicate it. If not, it may be something to do with your user account. I’ve found the issue in the code, and I can fix it, but I’m hoping the developers will. I let them know about it.

I can’t duplicate the warning you’re getting, but I can imagine it’s very annoying. I’ve reverted the Forum to PHP 7.0, which won’t throw the warning, until I see if the developer responds.

Thanks Jay

test post: edit: no error now.

Were you actually able to get the error before?

Yes, I was getting it consistently this morning.

Congratulations! Since I can’t reproduce it, you have officially become the designated guinea pig. :slight_smile:

Okay, we’re back on PHP 7.2 with the code fix that the developers are including in the next version of the Forum software. Please try to reproduce the warning and see if it’s fixed. Thanks!

test post 2: no error!