Precision Exhaust vs. Scott Fuller

I bought a set of exhaust tips for my GT-E and I have to say they are perfection. Very happy to have them available. And I will be buying his exhaust system as well when the time comes.

Well, I’ve been saving up for the Fuller Exhaust, a few pennies at a time. Got other issues to pay for first though. Maybe someday :pray:

Thank goodness there are people out there that really care about their products being perfect. I salute you, Mr. Fuller!

Thanks for the information guys! I will hopefully be giving Scott a call in the near future! My car still had the original exhaust with Ford stamped mufflers. Really looking forward to putting the correct system back on.

I purchased a Precision Exhaust system through WCCC for my GTE 428cj Cougar. I am having problems getting this system to fit my car. Apparently this system is modeled on a 69 428cj Cougar not a 68. Has anyone installed one in a 68 428cj car?

Have a car identical to yours in my garage with a Precision system on it. Looks like it fits fine. It was not installed by me though. If you have a particular issue you ought to start by calling them.

I am working with Precision Exhaust. We have tried a second H-pipe. Then we tried different muffler/tailpipes. Then we tried steel exhaust donuts. None of this has worked. There are two unrelated fitment issues. The intermediate pipes are too close to the driveshaft, So close that the passenger side actually rubs the driveshaft. The front of the mufflers are angled down toward the ground. To connect the intermediate pipes you have to lift the front of the mufflers. This forces the tailpipes down so that they hang about 3 inches below their hangers. Precision Exhaust has been very cooperative but is running out of ideas.

The system is based on a 69 Cougar. I have spoken to Don Rush about this and he confirmed the system is modeled on the 69 Cougar. Because the 69 and 68 cougar have the same wheel base, he believed the system goes into a 68 also. I have observed that this exhaust system has bends to go behind the stiffening plate on a convertible car. There were no convertibles in 68 so I doubt that a proper 68 system would have these bends.

Good point. Maybe have the intermediate pipes made by a local muffler shop instead. I have had no good luck with the steel donuts. I use the conventional ones sourced from a local muffler shop.