radio antennae and speakers

I want to put in a new radio. Two items. I don’t want to use the old antennae mount. I want a small one, much like the “nav” antennae used on modern cars. Also since my car is a convertible I want small speakers that you can mount under the dash (yea the sound won’t be the best). Any ideas? Thanks

There is no need to give up on sound. I put these in this spring, 69 vert, and they sound awesome.

Cool idea. You modified the mount to accommodate two small speakers? Are most stereos powerful enough to power six speakers? Thx

Only have 4 speakers, 2 PO installed in rear and these.

There is no “mount” for the old speaker, just the two screws, one on each end. The JBLs are low profile so they fit in the thin convertible space. I screwed one end of each into the existing holes and attached them to each other in the middle with a rubber washer between the JBL ends. They are almost aligned as installed in that picture.

I used some old flex metal to support them, tying it to the backside of the dash front…I don’t remember what originally was screwed in place, but there was enough screw length to use. All in all it was pretty firmly held. Sound is awesome,

Thx Mike. I wish I had thought of that years ago. I put the front speakers in each door. That is why I asked about the stereo powering four front speakers and two rear. I’ll probably take it to a car stereo shop.