READ THIS! Important ClassicCougarCommunity News!!!!!!!!!!!!

Looking good so far,and works great from my phone! :sunglasses:

I still see them Scott.

Thanks. Learned something new. This solves my fat-finger phone problem.

I just noticed that, when clicking on an eBay link in the “68 with interesting description” thread, it redirected me to eBay instead of opening a new tab. I’m using IE 10 under Windows 7 Home Premium. Had to backspace back to CCC.com.

The default behavior is to open external links in the same window/tab. We had a mod installed in the previous version that opened them in a new window/tab because that’s what you guys requested. Although there is an extension available to make external links open in a new window/tab for this version, there may be a bug in it that causes problems with the existing links, so I haven’t installed it yet.

If you guys are willing to be guinea pigs, I can add it and we can see what problems it causes, if any. The bug I read about was that it broke some of the links added by the mod in the old version.

The extension would be a nice-to-have rather than a necessity. Speaking only for me, it can wait until you have time and/or greater confidence in it.

It must have been very much in demand or Bill wouldn’t have had me install it in the last version, so I suspect you are not alone on wanting it. I have put it on my list, and I’ll see what I can do. It is a really handy feature for those of us who use tabbed browsing. I don’t know what it does on a phone, though.

I have installed the “External Link In a New Window/Tab” extension and it seems to be working okay. Let me know if there are any issues with it.

Thanks, Jay! It worked for me just now.

On my iPhone 5s it opens a new page for the link. Pretty much exactly what I would want.

I’ve been away, but this morning the buttons are working just fine. Using windows XP with google chrome. My browser could use an update I’m sure.

Perfect! I was a little concerned about what would happen on a phone.

So have I missed anything while I was away? :astonished:

Bill and Jay you guys continue to do a great job with this site. Once the flux capacitor is finished I’ll be able to spend time here again.

You snooze you lose… Not really. Glad to see you back. Things have been stable for the past few days. Any new glitches?

I have been following the development of a new version of the gallery extension so that we can get the gallery back, and the work seems to be progressing. The developer is close to releasing a beta version.

I found out a bit more about when/if a pop-up window for adding a hyperlink will be added to the post editor of our forum software (phpbb), so I thought I would pass it along for those who are interested. From what I read, it probably won’t happen in this version of the software, but it is planned for the next major release, version 3.2. In fact, the plan is to use SCEditor, which you can test out here.

FWIW, I think the old posting preview function is better. When you hover over the thread title and it shows you the first and last post, you then have to go over and click either the page number or the little icon by the last poster’s ID on the right. More cumbersome than the old functionality.

Actually, with the old version you had to hover over the topic title to get the first post, then hover over the icon at the far right by the last poster’s user name to see the tool tip with the last post, so there’s actually less effort involved with this new version than there was in the old one; if you want to see both the first and last post all you have to do is hover over the topic title. You still had to go click on the icon by the last poster’s user name to view the last post in the old version. I guess it’s just a matter of personal preference.

You could go over to the discussion forum for the Topic Preview extension and give the developer your feedback. Keep in mind that most of the developers are unpaid volunteers doing this on their own time, but in general, they seem very receptive to constructive feedback. I haven’t had any interaction with this particular guy, but I think he’s the same one that wrote the old version you prefer.

I think you are saying the same thing Jay (but not seeing what I am pointing out). Last post now: Hover over title, then click icon by last post user ID. Last post then: Hover over last post icon and then click it to view whole post. Think I have that right (and it’s less work).

I believe that most people want to see the last post and are familiar with/not interested in the first post.

Oh, now I see what you mean! You might mention it to the developer. I don’t know what his reason(s) for changing it might be, other than that the topic title is a larger target than those tiny icons like the one they use for the last post.