READ THIS! Important ClassicCougarCommunity News!!!!!!!!!!!!

Agree about the title being a larger target than the tiny icon but it sure is (IMO) more cumbersome to “left to look, right to click”.

I will see about contacting the developer, maybe I can just link to to your and my posts on the topic here and make the process of “hipping” him to what we’ve discussed here.

At the very least, it would be interesting to know why he changed it. It may be that it was discussed in the development thread for the extension, but I haven’t taken the time to look through it yet. Maybe we should do that before we do anything else.

I guess this is the time to ask seeing that the “last post” is being discussed. I’m really missing the full version experience vs. mobile. When I visited the old site I never used tapatalk on my iPhone 4, everything was displayed as if I was on a desktop computer. Now the mobile version of the new site seems to be defaulted and I have to actually click on each post to see the last post. In the past I just clicked on the last post which was located by the number of views box. Is there a way to change from mobile to desktop? I don’t see it in the Safari settings on my 4S iPhone.
Steven

You got me curious. Take a look at this post in the development forum for Topic Preview. It looks like someone else has the same request, but the answer then was “no” although he doesn’t say why.

Bill will hopefully chime in on this because I don’t have an iPhone, but I think there is a way to default the phone to show the desktop version.

I started a new thread where you linked me to originally (released Topic Preview?): phpBB • Topic Preview - Discussion/Support. Waiting for it to be approved.

You posted in the correct place. Once the extensions are validated and released, the development threads are closed, I believe, and the support thread where you posted is the place to post. Let us know what you hear.

I have not looked at this in detail on my iPhone (or maybe more correctly figured out all of what is different that bugs me!) but I think I agree with Steven on at least the way the page is presented on a mobile. The panes on the right are not there (nor the page numbers in the main box - I think I recall?). So you only see the thread title and getting to the last post is more work as a result.

Jay,

Here is the (approved) preview thread: https://www.phpbb.com/customise/db/extension/topicpreview/support/topic/138181

Just want to add that the new preview function would (IMO) be just fine if you were able to click in the preview window to get the first or last posting.

I guess he wasn’t the developer of the old topic preview mod we were using.

Matt (VSE) posted a reply to the preview question thread. Oops, looks like you knew that already Jay!

The unread posts thing that Matt points out (and perhaps you did too Jay), clicking on the ball shaped icon on the left is good, perhaps the thing I am b!tching about is non-relevant.

Oh thank God, it’s a preference thing.

I was afraid Jays had spilled a word wrong or (gasp) used inappropriate punctuation.

:laughing:

It’s moor of a watt your used too kind of thing butt thanks for you’re helpful post. :clap:

My pleasure. :wink:

A troll? Really? I expected better.
Lighten up, Francis. It’s all in good fun. If you can’t laugh at yourself you can’t laugh at anyone.
Change happens, we deal with it - especially with software.

I’m glad to see the “Mark Forums Read” button to be working better than before the change.

I’m in and out all day so I link straight to the ‘New Posts’.
It used to take a few hours to clear in some cases, but it is rare that I see posts I already viewed now. Much better.