Rear end factory markings

Does anyone have any pictures or information on how the factory marked the rear end during assembly? Looking specifically at 68

I don’t have the answer. Those that may be able to help you would need to know a few details:
What factory? San Jose or Dearborn.
8 inch or 9 inch rear?
Axle code?
Approximate build date?

Sorry, should have uploaded these earlier. Attached are the buck and door tag. What I’m specifically looking for is paint markings and writing on the axle. I’ve seen some numbers written on the back of the right side axle tube (like 982A for example - as I understand this was an internal code for the 3.71 L center section to assist the production line folks). I couldn’t see any old markings on mine, either from age or a prior rear swap. Hoping someone has seems examples of these line markings.
Thanks

According to the door tag your car originally had a code “G” 3.25 Locking rear differential with the 390-4V (code S) engine. So it would be a 28 spline 9" rear axle. All axles were built at the same plant regardless of assembly plant. Markings on the axle were done according to plan - we don’t know the plan. Places like Dead Nuts On sell reproduction paper tags for your rear axle because it was shared with 1968 Shelbys.

If I were restoring your rear axle assembly I would paint the main housing and backing plate assemblies with semi gloss black. The rear end center section would be red oxide primer. I would leave off any markings since you don’t know what the originals looked like.

Awesome reply Royce!!!

Sometimes when you clean the housing for restoration you will find some of the factory markings. On my 71 XR-7 I found a lot of them. I photographed them and after I painted it I did my best to replicate them. But on others I have not found any markings.

Thanks @Royce good advice. I’ve painted the axle semi gloss black and have the center section out now going through it and plan to use red oxide on it. Refinished the leaf springs and hope to have it slung back underneath in a week or two.
I’ll try Dead Nuts On for the replacement paper tag… Thanks for that!

I appreciate all the comments.