Red -E needs more Chili

Gentleman, i decide to add more Chili to the red -E. As long its only bolted on and reversible without a trace. I will start with a 4-speed Toploader and a 2x4 MR Intake with Holley BJ/ BK carburators. All i have is shown on the Foto. I still have the 2x4 oval air cleaner but i miss the “fuel logg” ??? And the linkage for the carbs.
Please can anyone tell me what is missing and where i can buy it?
Thank you
Joe

Dearborn Classics and Mustang unlimited show the linkage they should have the fuel logs also

also Survival Motorsports and Carls Ford parts

The carburetors need to be turned 180 degrees so the linkage will work. You will need the throttle linkage and fuel log for 1967 GT500 Shelby. It will bolt on and work properly. You also will need the PCV system for 1967 Shelby GT500. All those things come from Tony Branda http://www.cobranda.com

Thank you guys. I was wondering about different linkages for Example for Galaxies.
Now i know what i need and where to get.
Thank you again!
Joerg

Hi Royce, is this the correct PCV System?

Yes that is it. You also will need the power brake vacuum fittings and hose for 1967 GT500 Shelby.

If that is a Medium Riser intake, I’ll bet you’ll run into flow problems as the intake ports on the heads are smaller than they are on the intake runners. I can see fuel mixture hitting a wall.

If you are looking for a visual WOW factor then this is it. But the 427 low riser and a Holley 735 has proven to be the best driveablity combination for the W code. The 67 Shelby also had an enlarged hood scoop area to fit this setup. You would have to cut the GTEs hood and put on a CJ scoop to clear the oval cleaner.

Actually the opposite is true. The Medium Riser intake ports are smaller than the Cobra Jet / Low Riser ports in the heads on the GT-E. I ran this exact setup for years on my Green GT-E. It performs well.

You will need to use Low Riser / CJ gaskets.

The 427 Medium Riser setup fits under the hood of any Cougar or Mustang without a hood scoop. You are mistaken.

A GTE has plenty of “WOW” factor, but a dual quad carburetor setup will be eye popping! Very cool.
Steven

Its not only for the WOW factor. Since we drive all our cars sometimes daylie in Traffic we need also
a solid working car. The 427 is nice, but I miss the Punch in low rpm´s. Here a 428 is much better.
A friend installed a 2x4 on his 427 and told me he get better torque so thats the way I will go.

Please can anyone can help with shematics or pics what parts, pipes, springs i need to get these 2x4 med riser Setup complete and working… in my GT-E ?

Here’s a working setup that’s ready to bolt on .[Tunnel Wedge]
I swapped everything over from a MR Intake
The problem with running a MR Dual Quad intake on a 427 is , at least in my case, keeping the stock factory 390 GT exhaust manifolds.
428 Cobra-Jet Manifolds, should be used at minimum, if not go with some FPA’s.
Yeah it’s neat and it does tuck under the hood,but kinda overkill.

This tunnel wedge from what I’ve measured is the same height as the MR.
This is the one I’d like to try , if you really want to wake up your GTE!
PM me with anything more specific

Thank you so much!
I replace the -J Heads with Edelbrocks and 428CJ Exhaust Manifolds on 2,5" Exhaust and send the original parts in shelf for retirement.
I hope this will widen the bottleneck a little :wink:
Joe

Sounds good ! I’d just port match the two together, especially with using the Edelbrock heads.
Let me know how it turns out.

I had mine Dyno Tuned, to dial in the two carbs.

3” off headers has worked best for me, neck down to 2 1/2 over axle to back.
Using FPA’s,and Dr. Gas X pipe .

Talk about cheap H.P.!, with the last two mods.