Refinishing tail light housing, any one tried glitter?

67 Cougar tail light housing needs to be refinished. Came across a couple of YouTube videos where tail light housings were refinished using craft store glitter and clear coat spray, the results looked amazing (but not sure if it would last). Has anyone tried this technique? If not what have you found to be the best type of paint to help tail lights to be seen?

Thanks
Jack

Best thing I’ve found after sanding the surface to assure it’s smooth and applying some silver paint on the surface is to apply a nice full coat over that of mailbox reflective paint that Rust-oleum makes. Have done a dozen or more using this method

Hope this helps

I have done several sets with “chrome in a can” spray bomb after bead blasting,Also Eastwood exhaust paint is very shiny silver and I think I have used that too.

I also went the chrome rattle can spray, looks ok i think, but then im always looking at the road ahead than the lights behind me …lol

I used mirror effect spray paint and found it more shiny than silver or chrome spray paint.

If you use the LED lights that WCCC sells you really will have a better result and the housings don’t seem to have that much effect.

Well the mirror finish paint worked great! Quite shiny and matched the stock housing very well. Thanks AltaCat!

Glad it worked for you. I also use 2357 bulbs rather than 1157, and find the brake lights are much brighter.

Thanks again AltaCat . I always thought that the 2357 bulbs were quite a bit higher amperage, but according to the specs that I just looked up they aren’t that much higher. Well down to the parts store to pick some up.

Cheers
Jack